~2~

Friday eventually came and after taking care of 1001 things this week, I'm ready to hear about the new collection.

I got to the meeting room and sat down after they all got up to greet me. I made the gesture for them to sit and they did it.

The Felix guy seemed shy and...not happy?...

"Good afternoon everyone. Today I'll introduce the new designs. Miss Yoon said she wanted fresh and new, so why not mixing padorns?"

He started showing us really bad combinations of clothes like stripes with dots, animal prints with more animal prints... What is this?...

He finished the presentation and the team manager spoke.

"What do you think Miss Yoon? It's good r-"

"I hate it..."- I interrupted her excited statement.

Everybody seemed disappointed at my response

"I told you to give me something new and refreshing and what do you do? Give me stripes with dots? It looks like a zebra made out with a dalmatian... And cheetah with tiger prints?!... Is this a company owned by Janice from friends?!...Aish..."- I was disappointed. Big time.

"I'm sorry"- Felix bowed his head.

"I shouldn't have given you the job if you were not capable. I don't know what I was thinking putting the new guy into it. Team manager Min, you take the task for now"- I demanded.

I was upset. He had a whole week to plan this and he came up with trash?... Doesn't he know our brand?!

The amount of disappointment was so big to the point I felt like I needed to solve this problem on my own. And so I got up and went to one of our stores.

The critic said we were lacking something so I'm doing my research on the field to see what is it that actually we don't have.

I entered the store and it is a two floor place divided by different scenarios, each to suits it's style.
People seem to like it... I don't understand...
Then I saw a girl who was just standing on her phone.

"Are you not buying anything?"- I approached her.

"Hum...it's not really my style"- she said and I frowned.

"What do you mean?... Every single style that is out there, it can be found in this store."- I pointed out.

"Yeah...but each style is still very gender divided"- she told me..

"What?... I don't understand"- I was confused.

"Hm...you know how there is black and white and in between there is grey?"- she asked me.

"Of course, I do. Im a designer"

"Right...there are people who are grey. When the extremes are gender, girl or boy...there are people who don't feel like any and just like grey they are none of the extremes"- she educated me.

"So calling you a girl would be wrong..."- I concluded.

"Yeah... I go by they/them"

"Okay! I hear you."

"What?"- they were confused.

"I thought our store had it all but clearly something is lacking and thanks to you, I know what it is!"- I was ready to walk away.

"Hum sorry, what? Hum...who are you if I may ask?.."- sh-.. I mean they were still confused.

"Don't worry for now. But in sometime please visit this store again. I'm sure we'll have something for you"- I smiled and winked at her as a thank you for the help and as a sign of hope.

*********
After hearing this I made a lot of research on the topic and tried to see what people like her, I mean them, felt and wanted to wear. I tried to come up with my own line of clothing that could be good and fit these people like they desire.

I looked at the clock and it was 11p.m. already.

"I should go.."- I said feeling a little tired but happy.

I got up and walked through the lonely and dark company since I was the only one left, but a computer was turned on.

"Aish...who forgot to turn the computer off? Don't they know we still pay the bills?"- I mumbled.

As I directed myself to the computer to turn it off, I noticed someone was in front of it. It was interesting. In the screen there was a design of what it seemed to be like a man in a skirt and interesting accessories.

"What is that?"- I asked curious.

"Ah... Jesus.."- it was Felix. He got scared and then cleared his throat.

Turns out I got so immersed in the design that I moved to close to the computer. My cheek was almost touching his. He seemed uncomfortable from me being to close to his face and so I kept a little distance. I just wanted to see what he was seeing well.

"Did you draw these?"- I asked him.

"Hum...yes, miss"- he shyly said.

"Why didn't you present these the other day?"- I was confused.

"I was, but the team manager Min said it wasn't our concept and it was bad..."

"So you came up with... padorns and padorns?..."

"Actually...it was also her idea..."- he told me.

I only sighed at his innocence.

"How could you not see it?.."- I asked him

"What?"

"She told you to mix padorns so I could take you off the job and she could have her name as the designer... She knows I hate animal padorns"- I explained to him.

"Oh..."- he seemed disappointed at himself for not realizing it.

"Bring these tomorrow. You'll present it to the team."

"What about the team manager?..."- he seemed worried about crossing the line with his senior.

"Well, it was never his project in the first place. Besides, I don't like selfish people. I told her to support you and she made a move to screw you not giving you the chance to prove yourself. If someone deserves to lose the chance, it's her"- I told him. -"so don't worry and prepare yourself to present your idea to us"

"Yes, miss"- he said, but seemed taken aback.

I bowed my head in a goodbye and walked away to leave. But I stopped.

"You shouldn't let people push their ideals on you. If you think your designs are good, then believe in them"- he looked surprised I gave him that advice. -"Except putting stripes and animal prints together. That's not it"- he smiled at my comment.

"Thank you, Miss"

"Thank you, Miss"

I nodded as a welcome and left. He has a pretty smile and those designs were good. He should believe more in himself.