Once in a Blue Moon: Chapter 1: The introduction

“Mom!!!!!”

Where is my mother when you needed her..argghh!!! I’m currently getting ready for school, since it was eight in the morning and yet my mom wasn’t here in our freaking house. Damn! Where is she when you need her.

Hey, I forgot to introduce myself, I’m Natalie Clairyn McGuire. I’m seventeen and I’m on my junior high at Marlette Community School at Michigan. We just moved here a year ago from the hustle and bustle of the city---Miami, Florida. My mom just wanted peace and tranquility. My dad was long gone he disappeared all of the sudden when I was just still a toddler. So I don’t remember much of him. Now back to my dilemma here.

“Mom!!!!!!! Where are you?” I yelled a few more times. Then I heard the door slam and a few cuss words.

“mom, where were you?”I ask her.

“Hey, honey. I’m sorry I wasn’t here. I was at the neighbors. Their mail was accidentally mixed with ours so I returned it.”

“Then, why did I hear the door slam and a few cuss words?”

“Oh, that! Apparently our new neighbor was rude enough that when I gave the mail to him, he didn’t even bother say thank you or invite me in. And he harassed me saying that if I’m willing to ride his dick. He’s a sick bastard and a pervert. He infuriated me so I answered him that he’s rude and an asshole.”

Now that’s rude.

“okay, Mom. Hey, I have to go school but I still didn’t have my car so I need a ride to get there.”

“I forgot about that. Okay now, get inside the car and let me get the keys”.

I stepped in to our garage and to my mom’s car which is a Chevrolet Impala which is silver. In a few seconds my mom was beside me in the driver’s seat.

The ride to my school was quiet; the only sound you can hear is the whipping of the leaves outside. When we got to the school, my mom suddenly spoke up.

“hey, do I need to pick you up after school, or you’ll just take the bus?”

“Yeah, you can pick me up here at four in the afternoon.”

“Take care, be careful.”

“Yeah. Thanks.” I said awkwardly