day one

You sat on the couch while observer talked to someone in the kitchen, you were afraid to move. You were used to Habits rules, you were afraid he would leave you. The person in the kitchen got up and left the room, giving you a small nod before they left.

" Why aren't you doing anything, you can do stuff here no need for my word," he said with a smile as he sat next to you.

" oh," you said as you looked down and smiled slightly. "I'm just used to sitting and doing nothing," you looked away embarrassed.

" I'm not going to hurt you, I promise," he said as he looked at you with a smile.

He sighed and turned off the shadow form, he smiled and relaxed.

" do you want me to get you a book or something, till you get used to this new life," he said with a smile.

You looked at him and nodded, he chuckled and stood up. He walked to the bookshelf and grabbed a book, he smiled as he walked back to you and handed you the book. You smiled as you grabbed it from him and opened it to the first page.

"Thank you," you said with a small smile.

He nodded and sat down next to you, you began to read while he grabbed a few papers next to him and began to fill them out.

" What's that," you asked as you looked up from your book.

" Just work I have to finish," he said as he looked at you.

You nodded and went back to reading, not wanting to get in his way. You were afraid he would lash out if you got in his way, yet you knew you were being silly but the thought wouldn't leave your mind.

" Are you alright," he asked as he looked back at you.

" I'm fine just not used to this life," you said as you kept your eyes on the book.

He nodded and put his hand on your shoulder, you smiled as you calmed down.

" If you want you can read in the bedroom till you feel safe, I won't blame you," he said with a small smile.

You nodded. He smiled and stood up, you stood up and followed him. He opened the door and you both entered the darkroom, he flipped the light sending the darkroom into a well-lit one. You sat on the bed while he left the room, leaving the door open. you smiled as you began to read the book, it was actually calming. you hadn't felt like this in years, you sighed as you flipped the page. Though you were just glad you found something that would calm you down, yet you didn't want to read fast as you were afraid there were limited books in the house. And with habit out on the lose you feared that what in the house was the only thing you could read. You flipped the page before looking up, you glanced at the door before looking back at your book. You closed the book and lied down, you would take a small nap.