Chapter 1 - A New World And A New Identity

Chen Minhao was a graduate of the Peking University Faculty of Law.

Immediately after he had graduated from the university, he obtained a job opportunity to work in a top-notch law firm, and was on the verge of realizing his great ambition.

However, on the night of the graduation gathering, fate arranged a transmigration for him without a return ticket back.

"If you're brave enough to say goodbye, life will reward you with a new beginning." Chen Minhao consoled himself as he laid on the bean bag while at the same time, digesting the memories of the original host.

The original host of the body he took over had the same name as him. Both were called Chen Minhao.

Two years ago, because of a funny video which his dorm mate filmed, the original host became famous unexpectedly.

Chen Minhao got up from the bean bag, and switched on the computer. Then, using Baidu, he searched for the video in which the original host became popular with. (TL's note: Baidu is the Chinese equivalent of google.)

In the video, the dorm mate of the original host was singing a funny song in heavy make-up whereas only the face of the original host appeared in the video as he watches his wacky dorm mate.

His face only occupied one over sixteen of the screen, and in the one minute video, he only did one thing, and that was gleefully watching his "wise" dorm mate.

In the end, it was precisely his "harmless" smile that made him famous on the internet.

When the original host opened an account on Weibo on the day that he became famous, incoming comments commenting on his wall reached 100000. (TL's note: Weibo is the Chinese equivalent of twitter.)

A talent scout from Divine Dream celebrity agency got a hold of his contact information from G.o.d knows where. And the young and inexperienced original host was lured into the rosy castle that the talent scout drew in the sky.

The contract he signed was for a period of five years. The original host was seventeen years old when he signed the contract.

Two years had pa.s.sed since then. The original host is still a trainee currently, enjoying food and accommodation benefits provided by the company, and a meager wage of four thousands yuan per month before tax.

In this world, China's history experienced the same dynasty of Tang; Song; Yuan; Ming, and Qing; same as his former world, but G.o.d knows which forefather flapped his b.u.t.terfly wings as many of the well-known songs and movies never appeared anymore.

After the transmigration, Chen Minhao still retained his legal knowledge. But, he understood clearly that his ident.i.ty now was that of a high school drop-out, and finding a job relating to the legal industry would be highly difficult for him.

While Chen Minhao was in the middle of contemplating his future, the ringtone of an incoming video call rang. The call was from someone that the original host saved as "Mother-empress".

Chen Minhao guessed that it could the mother of the original host who called.

He took a deep breath, and felt that he couldn't avoid her for the rest of his entire life, so he pressed the "accept" b.u.t.ton on the screen.

After he accepted the call, a middle-aged couple appeared on the phone screen.

The middle-aged man in the video call was frowning as he begun to speak immediately after the call connected: "Look at how messy your room looks, don't you know that you should clean your room? You only know how to daydream, and fantasizing about becoming a celebrity everyday."