Trouble

8: Brooklyn

After breakfast, I cleaned my plate along with Everleigh's, and our forks. "I'm so excited!" She said for the billionth time this morning.

My mother rolled her eyes and smiled at the two of us. She closed her eyes and smiled again as if she was re-creating a memory.

"Ugh" she sighed. "I remember when you two were this tall!" She said. "And your first days of kindergarten" she named almost every memory that she could think of before almost crying.

"Well I suppose I should get you girls to school, huh?" She frowned. I frowned too. "I guess"

*****

Everleigh was practically ready to jump out of the car by the time we got into the parking lot of the school. "Just park there mom!" She yelled. My mom laughed and parked in the closet spot she could find.

"Bye girls! Have an amazing day!" She waved us off then drove away. As Everleigh and I walked into the school, she admired the tall building and smiled.

I swear I've never seen her so happy before. I glanced at my schedule to see where I needed to go and smiled for the first time today.

My first class was English.

Room 205

As I walked down the hallways, i looked at all the people and sighed, suddenly remembering that I have no friends here.

Everleigh left to go to her class which was downstairs so I guess I won't see her until the end of the day.

What if the teachers are mean?

What if I don't fit in?

What if I don't make friends?

What if-

My thoughts were cut off by a shoulder hitting mine. As I shook away the thoughts, I noticed that I had accidentally bumped into someone.

"Oh my gosh! I am so sorry!" I said, helping them up. Once I got a glance of their face the first thing I saw were a pair of light blue eyes, staring back at me.

"Watch where the hell you're going" the girl warned. She was gorgeous. Her light blue eyes, shimmering as the lights from the ceiling beamed on her.

Her strawberry blonde hair that fell down her shoulders and to her mid stomach.

She was beautiful. But rude.

Her face curled into a judgmental glare as her eyes met mine again. "God! Would you stop staring at me, creep?"

I smiled at her, ignore her rude remark and held out a hand for her to shake. "My name's- " "I don't care" she said, cutting me off and waking away.

This is the part I wasn't looking forward to. I sighed and started to walk to my class again.

*****

After many turns and many questions, I found room 205. "Good morning class! The teacher shouted. "My name is Mr. Hydman and I'll be teaching your English class"

I slumped in my chair as the girl next to me looked over at me confused. "Are you new?" She whispered. "Yes" I smiled.

She nodded and turned back to Mr. Hydman. "So class, would anyone-" the door slammed open, making Mr. Hydman's voice vanish. "I'm here"

A familiar voice said. "mr. Manchester, is there a reason you are 15 minutes late?" The boy rolled his eyes and sat in the only empty chair. "Sorry Hydman, sleep schedule's fucked up"

His voice sounded so familiar, but I don't recognize him at all. He had medium length black hair, with dark blue eyes and looked about 6'1.

"Language Young Man!" Mr. Hydman snapped. The boy raised his hands in Defense as he glanced at me.

Gosh. Why does he look so familiar?