chapter 3

Its been a couple months since Mamè left Ghana to pursue her dream in the states. Leaving the twins and her mother was difficult but it would be worth it in the end that is what she thought. She wanted a great life for her family.

Mamè's pov.

I was over the moon when I made the cut for the casting of the top 30 of America's next top model over a three months back. I have made friends here and I have also been scouting my competition.

I have been missing my family back home . I have also been worried about the money I saved for the twins running out. Especially Greyson's conditions . I have noticed just after they were born that Greyson was not developing or growing like Ryan. When I brought it up with my mom, she brushed it off saying just because they are twins it does not mean everything they do will be identical.

At five months, I woke up to relief myself only to see Greyson violently shaking and grasping for air. We rushed him to hospital and he was diagnosed with asthma. If I didn't died from fear that night than I won't ever die. I love these boys with my life. During the years Greyson has suffered a few attacks that got severe. But now that he always carries he's inhaler and learnt how to use it, the attacks haven't been happening. The problem is that he's inhaler doesn't last since he runs alot when he plays football and that evokes the attack. He's lungs just ain't strong enough to be placed under pressure.

They deliver limited inhalers to our public hospital, which is given to those who arrive first. It means you have to be up early as 6 am in the morning to wait in line just to get it. But I have to put all that worry aside and put my game face on cause today we will be having a photoshoot with tyra and she will be the photographer. The theme for this week is our life story . We got the brief this morning of what is expected when we get on set.

~~~~~~~~~~

Mamè and the three remaining contestants got to tyra's house . The house was a mansion. Never had Mamè been in a house like that before. The inside looked even better than the outside. The camera was rolling . Today America's next top model would be live for two hours. Starting from 7pm to 9pm. Two girls would be eliminated today and the two remaining will be heading straight to the final and to winning the price money and the contract with tyra's agency.

"Girls welcome to my house. You know what is required of you this week. You all have heard seen my life story, my modeling career and how I managed to master a perfect pose for the camera. But today is your chance to show and tell your story to the world. Are you ready girls? Tyra asked the girl.

"Yes,"the girls say in unison.

"Uhhh .. oh girls today you will be creating your whole look. From makeup, hairstyles and clothing. For both the video and the pictures. The minimum time for the video is two minutes and up to five pictures are required to complete your story. Girls you have one hour to get what you need from makeup, clothing and hair products. Your time starts now." Tyra said. The girls ran in different directions. The time tyra has given was short and all of them needed to be strategic .

Mamè had the perfect plan how to use the one hour she had wisely. Firstly she would get her costumes for her look. Than she would do her hair secondly and lastly her makeup.

Mamè decided to pick outfits for her video.

Hair.