⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀ 𝐭𝐞𝐧.

WARNING: DRUG USAGE IN THIS CHAPTER (WEED), MENTION OF A DEAD BODY

HEELS TAPPING AGAINST THE FRESHLY WAXED FLOOR as you would tap your perfectly manicured fingers on the desk. The pretty receptionist seemed to be growing annoyed at your taping as she put the phone down to look at you. She cleared her throat before speaking, "May I help you?" She asked.

"I'm here to see Mr. Fushiguro.'' You firmly said.

The receptionist popped her gum aggressively as she flashed you a fake smile. "He isn't in yet, would you like to leave a message?" She asked you. Her brown eyes look you up and down.

"I'll wait." You interjected before walking over to one of the chairs that were sitting in the lobby. You crossed your legs over one another, your skirt lifting a bit gaining attention from businessmen walking by you. Your eyes were on your phone and you were texting Carson who was at the airport returning back to the States. You were going to miss your best friend even though Choso seemed to swindle his way into you guys' friendship. While you were texting, you felt a presence in front of you and when you looked you saw Toji looking down at you.

"Great, you're here. We need to talk." You said as you looked at him standing up and walking by his side as he motioned for you to follow him.

As you walked by his side, there was only silence between you two as he opened the door to his office. You walked in taking in your surroundings. His office was huge, bigger than the room you slept in at night. Your fingertips dragged alongside the huge black desk that was in the office space. You walked towards the large window that had a wonderful view. You never actually stepped into Toji's world. Nights after you two had sex, he'll mention work here and there. His expensive gifts showed how thick the job made his wallet. Months ago, that would have you smiling from ear to ear like a kid in a candy store. But today, you no longer looked at him like that. Your mind telling yourself it's because of the marriage and the kids, but your heart was also pushing that you liked Geto. The nights of wonderful sex with Toji always sat heavy in your heart because how could you not pick up the signs. Ghosting, always sending a company car to pick you up, and the list goes on. How could you be so stupid?