reasoning-

Draco:" I'm sure anyone would be lucky to have you as a friend."

Me:" as I said I'm incurable....Brrrr...its gone nippy hasn't it?"

Draco:" here."

He handed over his jacket expecting me to take it and accept his gratitude.

Me:" thanks but no thanks. I don't do grand gestures."

With the bottle nearly empty, I felt my consciousness slip.

Draco:" then what do you do?"

Me:" read."

Draco:" read?"

Me:" its completed any romance I've ever known. And besides, half of the time it always end up being a girl falling head over heels in love with the boy."

Draco:" and that's a bad thing?"

Me:" if they wanted to be that desperate, they could have ended up with anyone. But no, they had to end up with the obvious best friend or the bad boy."

Draco:" you don't agree then."

Me:" I don't partake in the whole romance thing. Though at this point I should be an expert."

Draco:" why not?"

Me:" I don't want to change myself for someone who I may not even stay with. That's why I don't let people In."

I glance up the stars and so does he.

Me:" the stars are beautiful tonight."

Draco:" they sure are."

Me:" of it was my way, I'd have it be a sky full of stars all day."

Draco:" why?"

Me:" I don't know, something about night just makes every seem so much calmer."

Draco:" pass it along, would you?"

Me:" what?"

He points at the nearly empty bottle.

Me:" oh yeah, sure...you know you're not half bad."

Draco:" nice of you to notice."

Me:" no, honestly. When we first I didn't think anything good of you. But you're alright. We have a lot more in common than I realised."

Draco:" such as?"

Me:" parents who want us to be something we're not."

Draco:" *chuckling* right, it's getting late, so...I'll see you at school I guess."

Me:" yeah...see you later."

He turned around and didn't look back.

I can't help but notice how much we genuinely have in common. We'll, not much, but it's something.

We have the rest of the Christmas holiday until then, god save my soul and pray I get through it all.