Part 1:Clove

In the country of Panem,from the runes of North America came the great game called The Hunger Games. this is my favorite time of year! The Capitol, ruling city of Panem hosts it every year. Because the districts that surround the Capitol rebelled once, or as it is known as the Dark Days, each district must previde a boy and girl who will be chosen at a public reaping. they will be taken into custody of the Capitol until the games start. then they are put into a vast outdoor arena where all 24 must fight to the death until a lone Victor remans. In some districts, like the last one, district 12 thinks being reaped is horrible. In the first few, like ours, we think its an honer. My name is Clove and I live in district 2. I am 16 years old and can't wait till the reaping tonight! The rules say you may volunteer for the tribute after there name is called. in our district volunteering is complicated cause everyone wants to do it. no matter what I'm volunteering tonight. I dress nice and do my hair. when we get to the square I find myself in a group of 16 year olds. Marlin, the District 2 escort comes to the mike. "welcome one and all to the main event! as always happy Hunger Games AND MY THE ODDS BE EVER in YOUR favor! Lady's first". here we go I'm ready to volunteer, but there is no need. "Clove Harrison" YES! that's me! the best news though is so MANY people volunteered at once they said there could be no volunteers! the boy from my district is a tall, strong guy named Cato. I can't BELIVE I get the honer of going into the arena!