Chapter 1: Out on my own

Today is the day I just moved into my new place and its freaking huge! As I look around I have a boat load of furnishing to do.  Starting with my orange colored bedroom. Yes, orange! I figured it would give some sense of relaxed aesthetic feeling. The living room is at least 520ft with dark brown hardwood floors and the walls are like an eggshell color.  The kitchen has a nice black and grey marble counter top and dark grey finished cabinets all furnished with black stove, dishwasher, fridge, and microwave.  The bathroom.. two sinks, a oval sized tub and a medium sized walk in shower. The floors are a dual grey stone color.

"Girl, open up! These bags are heavier than what you think!" my bestfriend Kayla yells from the front door. 

Kaylaaaaaaa. Ahhh the one that's been with me since middle school, the one that helps me with all of my relationship and family problems, the one that literally does everything for me even when I never ask her to... for example coming to help me move in. To formally introduce her, well she's Kayla Pinkett. She's one year older than me, so 25 and she literally has my back through everything.  Luckily she gives the absolute best advice, yet she has really never been through anything. She's never had a real relationship. Her parents been happily married for I think ten years. She has no siblings therefore she's never experience having to take care of anyone and well she's spoiled as hell. Meanwhile she has the answers to all of my problems and they work out so well.

"My bad. I was fantasizing over the new place." I said closing the door and then grabbing her bags. "Yeah well I would love to fantasize with you without having to carry all of our bags in by myself." She replied. I laughed. "Just take a break and walk around." 

Walking everywhere she went I could see the excitement on her face of how excited she was for me. She began to ask all these questions that she previously asked already on the ride up here like "How far do you work from here, how long do you plan on staying up this way, are you soon to get married and stay here or move, how do your parents feel, blah, blah, blah." Hahaha all these questions were questions I couldn't wrap my head around because I was finally away from my parents and from people I know. I was finally starting a new life on my own. It's scary and exciting all at the same time. 

"Well movers should be here at least before sundown." I interrupted. She fell to the floor when she got to the bedroom and smiled. "I'm so proud of you!" 

Nine o'clock came and the movers are about half way done moving in couches and miscellaneous stuff. I think I might have hired the worst movers in the world. Good thing is Kayla and I sat on the floor talking for the time being. We ordered Mexican food from this place called Little Philly that was about 20 minutes from here. I gave it a ten out of ten although I was looking for them to sell philly cheese steaks at least because of the name. When the movers had finally moved in everything we unpacked the boxes that I would need the most for the week which were my clothes, shoes, and sheets for us to use to sleep on. We ended up staying up all night until two in the morning just reminiscing about old days and how far we have came.

We woke up at about eleven thirty-ish. Kayla: "So breakfast out in the town today. Or more so brunch?" She stood over me while I was checking my phone already looking up places. Me: "Yeah sure." Town was fifteen minutes away from where I lived. 

I lived in  a neighborhood where it seemed like a lot of young people like myself were just starting off getting their life together. When I visited the house about a year ago I seen a couple families but they didn't look too promising of staying in this area. The houses ranges from small two bedrooms to like five bedroom houses. All of the houses were huge in size and was very spacious. Not much backyard or front yard but we had a little garage and everything which was enough for me. Where I use to live before was just a one bedroom apartment in Arizona near my parents. Moving to Brentwood, Tennessee not sure is a good or bad idea but we will see. Away from my friends and situation ships will definitely be a challenge a little but I am ready for the new experiences. 

Pulling up to this brunch place called Rummies International Eggs we saw sooo many people walking with their dogs and families.  It looked so peaceful. Kayla: "This is hilarious, international eggs." Me: Well lets see what their eggs have to offer. "Hello, just two?" A tall black haired women greeted us at the door before we could even make eye contact with her or even our surroundings within stepping in the door. Me: "Uhhh yes, two please." Once she seated us I automatically wanted to know what was so interesting about their eggs. Menu: Any size eggs, Any flavor (Strawberry, Blueberry, Caramel, Raspberry, etc.) Scrambled eggs, Boiled eggs, Over-easy eggs, Omelets, Add any toppings. Looking at the menu those were some of the things that caught my attention but lord knows it was million of ways eggs could be cooked that I didn't know of. I personally wasn't a big egg fan but of course Kayla was. Once Kayla ordered I realized I would take it easy. Me: "Can I get a water for the drink with a lemon and Ill also just do the egg and the pancake stack deal." Waitress: "How would you like your eggs?" Me: "Scrambled please and it says how many... Ill take two." Waitress: "Okay Ill get that for you all." 

While we were eating I was lowkey scoping out the restaurant.  There were mostly teenage looking people that I knew couldn't have been teenagers for sure. They were surely good-looking though. Most of them was very slim and looked in shape. I could see why that would be a thing with them eating eggs all day. Waiter: "How are you all enjoying your eggs?" The funny thing about her asking that was I had no eggs visible on my plate but only pancakes. Kayla with her mouth full she replied "Delicious! You all really know how to cook some eggs." I laughed harder than what I was suppose to. 

Finally getting back to the house we took about three hours unpacking majority of what I had left and then took an hour nap.  The time went past that is was now ten. Kayla: "Ughh cant believe Ill be leaving tomorrow evening to go back and you'll be down here living your best life." She started to fake cry." Me: "Living my best life, sure." I laughed. I knew I wasnt going to be living my best life because I was here alone. I would have to make new friends and everything.