Chapter 27 - Miko's Problems

As Shirogane, Kaguya, Maki and the rest figure out the Shinomiya problem...

Miko, in her pajamas, is in thought, laying on her floor mat, thinking.

"Shinomiya and the rest of the third years are working so hard. I hope she's okay...and with that being said, the news is all about that story now. It's almost annoying especially since I have personal connections with her." Miko said.

"I wish I could do more. But there's not much a broken high schooler like me can do." Miko continued.

Miko then gets up, gets her laptop and mouse and opens it.

She waits until it boots up.

It boots up, and looks at the Apex app.

"Oh right, there's a tournament coming up soon, right? Then I should practice. Maybe I should call Ishigami-" Miko said as her hand goes towards her phone. She stops suddenly.

"...Lately all I've been thinking about is Ishigami haven't I? In a sense it made me forget about all of my problems...my parents, the way how I act, my future..."

"Is it really right for me to do this and stay idle while Shirogane and everyone is working hard? Is it really right for me to forget about what I should do to fix myself just because of a high school crush...? Even after the conflict with Kobachi I still need more work to do. Even if I do get with Ishigami, will that bring me happiness in the long run? And even now, my grades are decreasing substantially. I was only a few points from dropping to number 2 in the exam grades."

Miko then closes her laptop, gets up, and starts looking for books to study with.

"I shouldn't be so slack with my studying."

Miko then gets a few books, sits down, and starts studying for about an hour and a half.

She then gets a call from Ishigami.

"Huh?" Miko, blushing, reacted.

She grabs her phone and picks it up.

"Uh, hello?" Miko asked.

"Yo Iino, do you know of the Apex tournament that's coming up next week?" Ishigami asked.

"Yeah, I do know of that tournament." Miko said.

"So, are you down to practice a bit?" Ishigami asked.

Miko hesitates for a few seconds.

"Well, I'm currently studying right now, so I don't think I'll be able to do that." Miko said.

"...Oh, I see. That's understandable." Ishigami said.

"Yeah. Alright, see you later." Miko replied.

"See y'a." Ishigami responded.

They both hang up.

Miko then looks at her phone.

"That must've been the right choice, right?" Miko thought.

She continues studying for an extra 30 minutes and then stops.

"What exactly is, 'the right choice'?" Miko thought.

"'The right choice' is what I believe is right. Or in other words, subjective ideals. If it ends up being subjective anyway, then what's preventing me for doing what I actually want to do?" Miko said.

"I want to be with Ishigami. I want to play with him. I want to be student council President. I want to have a good future. Who says they have to be mutually exclusive, and that I can't balance fun and work?"

Miko gets up and puts her books back.

"In theory, I guess. But in practice this is hard. I also want to study more. I've already had experience with trying to balance the two, so it's easier than I expected..." Miko said while hesitantly putting her books back.

Miko then sits back down.

"Even though I do have my problems, I shouldn't blame me thinking about Ishigami. It's natural after all. So maybe I should relax a little and deal with it when the time comes, with my friends." Miko said while beginning to lay down on her teddy bear.

Though, Miko soon realized afterwards it wasn't that easy and she kept thinking like this for the week.

However...Miko looks at her bookshelf and happens see a paper that's protruding out of a book. She gets bothered by it, and decides to check it out.

"Now, what's this? How did I let a torn page like this stay in the first place..." Miko says while opening the book.

"Oh! It's this book! I almost forgot since I didn't check it in a few weeks...it's a bit embarrassing looking back on it, honestly." Miko said.

"However...this may become useful later, with Ishigami." Miko continued.

Meanwhile...

"She rejected me, huh." Ishigami said, in a not so happy mood, after they both hung up.

"Well, I guess I should look for other partners to practice with. It doesn't look like Iino wants to participate." Ishigami continued while looking through discord on his laptop.

He then sees that Abe, Gigako and Shiranui are on.

"They're on? I guess we could go into pairs and practice."

Ishigami then joins their voice chat.

"Who's that? Someone just joined." Gigako said.

"It's me, Ishigami."

"It's Yu, huh..." Shiranui said.

"Oh, hi Ishigami... Oh right, I wanted to tell you something." Abe said.

"What's the matter?" Ishigami asked.

"I'm the general affairs officer now." Abe replied.

"HUH!?" Ishigami said surprisingly.

To be continued...