+1

The wind is everlasting, and it blows fervent even throughout the course of thousands of years of human history.

Just as Xiao has said, the age of humanity was truly coming. It arrived faster than anyone could ever predict, and it did so spectacularly. Humans are ridiculously innovative, finding impressive ways to overcome their shortcomings as a whole and doing so incredibly quickly. In the same span of time it had taken gods to carve mountains and move oceans to shape Teyvat as they know it, humans had made it into something entirely unrecognizable yet not at all terrible. Large fields had been tilled into acres of farmland, vague dirt paths had been paved with a stone they call concrete, and cities had buildings that towered up into the sky far higher than Starsnatch Cliff ever had at its tallest. There are transportation devices they call cars, communication devices they call phones, and so much more.

He would be lying if he said he didn't struggle to adapt. Technology advanced at a pace far faster than he could get used to, which made way for countless embarrassing moments over the course of the years. He had to learn the hard way that he was horribly overdressed, that weapons were a rare sight these days, that riding the winds around at night wouldn't go unnoticed. By the time he had gotten used to operating the bulky machines called computers, he finds out that there's a more compact version of it called a laptop. By the time he had gotten used to the things called flip phones, he finds out that there's an entirely new version of it called the cell phone. Everything just changes so quickly, so rapidly. In the race for knowledge, he's constantly left behind in the dust.

And yet, if there's one thing that remains constant, that remains unchanged, it would be Venti. Venti, with his twin braids and his aquamarine eyes and his soft smile, with his unwavering presence by Xiao's side throughout the course of history. Venti, with his love for music that had stood the test of time, with his promising career as a faceless musician. Venti, with his surprising cooking skills and insistence on keeping their apartment tidy, with his sensitivity to the cold making them have the heater on at nearly all times. Venti, with his oversized hoodies and short shorts, with his ongoing mission to take all of Xiao's clothes and incorporate them in the cutest outfits he had ever seen.

Xiao loves Venti. Xiao loves him more than he'll ever know, more than he can ever convey to him in words. It's not like he needs to, though, when all he needs to do is summon the winds to his call in order to let slip what his lips cannot. All it takes is a draft to tickle his side when he looks solemn and lost in the past, a gust to rustle papers of song lyrics as a sign of encouragement when he's working, a breeze to trace the features of his sleeping face when he's still asleep even at the rays of the sun peeking through their bedroom window. All it takes is a chaste kiss to his forehead when he stirs, Xiao pulling him closer under the tangled blankets and urging him to go back to sleep so they can cuddle well into the morning.

The wind is alive, and Xiao has its god right in his arms, never to leave for too long.