You'll always be in my Heart . . .

Itty Bitty was a special cat of mine; she was the inspiration for me to start writing, the joy, and laughter I had for years were thanks to her being a part of my life.

She was founded by my eldest brother along with her brother Growler and sister Explorer. We had named the three of them based on some form of personality or trait associated to them.

Explorer had the habit of escaping from the room we had them locked in (They were kittens, squirming against the ground) so they wouldn't get stomped on, she would explore the halls and we would question how she was always smart enough to escape.

Growler was the tom cat of the three, and whenever you got close enough, he would do a quick jump and give a hiss and growl at you.

Itty Bitty was the runt of the litter, smallest of them.

We were only allowed to keep 1 kitten and I was picked to pick out which one got to stay. All my brothers had wanted to keep Growler, and so I did. My grandmother had also gone and took Explorer.

As we were heading on to the Animal Shelter to get rid of Itty Bitty, my mom had to make a stop somewhere that was going to take a few hours. So, we went and stretched out our legs, and I decided to spend the last few minutes I had with Itty Bitty before we got rid of her.

During which, I had saw how the small kitten would always come crawling towards me, she was happy to be with me. I felt a connection with her, and just as we headed off, I chose to switch my decision and keep Itty Bitty.

My brothers weren't very happy about it, but nothing they could had done. It was my call after all. Itty Bitty became my companion at the house, and I was glad for ever moment we had. She would enjoy being around me, when I would sit on the couch, she would always lay just nearby, when I would go to sleep, she would sleep next to me.

We were always together, through thick and thin. Whenever I was stressing about something, she was my comforter, I had been prone to panic attacks. Freaking about every little thing, and I would calm down whenever I had been petting her.

Now, Itty was not without her own flaws, she was picky. Had the have the specific flavored canned goodie, the right style, and prepared the right way.

When she played with her claws, she was always careful not to dig deep into the skin, netting it just enough to get under the skin so she had a hold of you. She kept within a set boundary of the house and would not go any further (We had not trainer her of that, and even tested what happened when we brought her pass her boundary, she would try to fight her way back to her territory.) And had a bad habit of getting onto the roof of the house.

She hated the cold weather, the only time I would know when winter was fast approaching (I can't feel temperature that well.)

I had spent many wonderful years with Itty, and each time I would remind myself that one day she would no longer be with me. And no matter how hard I tried, how hard I would wish it, I knew the day would come . . . And it had. When I woke up one morning and found her laying on in the living room floor motionless.

The realization that this day had finally came hurt, I cried to put into words how I felt. Something I had thought was soon impossible for me. When many of my family members had all passed away, I did mourn for their passing, but never had I cried. For her, for Itty, I wept, I felt like a hole had opened inside of me.

Every day before work, I would always say to her, "I'll see you after work, I promise." . . . Now, I'll never see her after work. I'll never be greeted by her when I would return home. She was always there, at the door ready to welcome me back from work, or wherever I had gone for the day, now. . . That spot is empty.

She was a friend, a friend whom I cared for, I had watched as many had gone and left me, fading away. I don't want my memories of Itty Bitty to fade, the smile she brought me, those times I saw happiness in her when I would come home. At the screen, meowing, walking with anticipation as I opened the door so she could receive her 'I'm home' pet.

This here is a reminder, a final fare well to the cat that I loved. A family. A friend. Rest in Peace Itty Bitty, I will never forget you. I just wished our time together had never ended, our Last Adventure Together in life.