CH 2

Jeon Jungkook's POV

11:30 AM

My reflection gazed back at me solemnly as I stared into the mirror. I moved closer and frowned at the slight shadows under my eyes. I suppose I hadn't gotten enough sleep the previous night. However, it was too late to worry about my lack of sleep now, I had a meeting with a client soon. I straightened and exited the men's washroom, wrinkling my nose at the slight smell. 

I made a right, in the direction of the conference room, where I was expecting my client soon, and hoping that my secretary would be waiting for me. The door creaked open quietly and glancing around quickly,  I realized no one was there yet. Oh, come on. Where the hell is my secretary? She told me she was here already! I huffed through my nose in frustration. 

I noticed a dark shape on the table. Upon closer inspection, it appeared to be a phone left on the table, although I was unsure of its owner.

Does this belong to the girl from before? The one I had interviewed a while back? I wondered. I recalled that I had interviewed a young female candidate previously. I picked up the phone, and was about to head out to return the phone, when my secretary rushed in, nearly barreling into me.

"Kook, I'm so sorry I'm late," she apologized hurriedly. "In the last minute, I realized I had to get a file photocopied. I'm very sorry, I had to go back, I promise-"

I cut her off. "I'll be right back, apologize to the client for keeping him waiting, and tell him I need to do something urgent."  

"Okay, I will," she replied. "Wait, where-" she started but I had already left the room in a rush.

I took the elevator and went to the entrance hoping that the girl would be there so that I could return her phone. I ran out just in time to hear the dangerous words of my father.

"Finish him. No more questions will be asked."

Out of the corner of my eye, I spotted another girl. I zeroed in on her, feeling my eyebrows furrow with suspicion. I assumed she must have had overheard their whole conversation- it was obvious from the way her head was peeping out from behind the wall at the entrance.

She didn't notice me. I smirked to myself, and stalked towards her as silently as I could. I wondered what her little a** had heard.

"Kook!" As I walked past my father, he called out to me. I continued past him. If my mother divorced him, he wasn't worth my time and attention. Faintly, I heard a sigh leave my father's lips before his footsteps faded into the distance. I scoffed at him, as he disappeared back into the building, accompanied by his assistant.

The girl retracted her head from behind the wall and finally saw that I was there. She glanced towards me but barely acknowledged my presence.

"What the f*ck do you want?" I asked her when my gaze met hers. I stared straight at her, forcing her to maintain eye contact. Her eyes had a cold look in them, which contrasted strangely with the warmth of the deep brown color.