Chapter 1 Morning

POV Nieve

My Name is Nieve Sienna Hegarty I'm 16 and I live in a two-story house with my little sister Alexis Kyra Hegarty, my mum Tracey Nicole Hegarty and my Dad Boris Wayne Hegarty. We all live together, we have a family dog called Tahli and she is a fat golden retriever, and I recently got my own puppy German Shepheard called Sash who is best friends with Jazzy's pup called Gem who is also a German Shepard.

It all started on a Wednesday, it began like any other day. I headed down the stairs to get ready for school, passing Tahli sleeping peacefully in the hallway and ran down the hall grabbing the clear lunch box and heading back upstairs. I open the door to see my baby, little sash sitting in her bed her golden and brown glimmering in the morning sunlight.

"hey baby", I cooed to her and she rolled over signalling to me to give her a belly rub.

I grab my bag from my wardrobe and shove the lunch box into it, I head over to the bathroom looking up I see the small girl that pretends to be happy. In a hurry, I brush my teeth and hurry out the door to meet up with Jasmine at the bus.

Jasmine lives one street away from me and is my best friend and some nights she and Mackenzie come over to mine, even though I have like the most strict parents ever they are allowed over to 'study'. We usually like to gossip about the other kids in our school.

I make it to the bus stop no sight of Jasmine yet and sit down with my bag at my side waiting for the bus to arrive, she's probably just running late again. Suddenly I see her bolting down the street the bus just about to get here, I pretend that I don't see her so I get a good scare out of her. I hurry onto the bus and put my bag at my feet, she finally gets onto the bus heaving for air and sat down next to me and I asked her about how come she was late and she told me all about her morning and how the gem is going great, I told her about Sash.

"Next Stop Beach Side High School" the old bus driver yelled through the speaker thingy. We got our belongings and pilled off the bus and my foot got caught in the bus door and I ended up on my hands and knee's, all I see is Jasmine coming off after me and just flat out laughing at me, I get up and brush my self off and keep on walking, hoping that Nathan didn't see. Nathan is my Boyfriend he is super cute, he has cute brown eyes the same colour as his hair he's only ever kind to me, but the only thing is that Makenzie told me about the thing that I scare easily and scream a lot so now he likes to scare me and I can't help it and I scream!

Jasmine and Mackenzie, Jasmine's full name are, Jasmine Gracie Thomson her nicknames include Jaz and Jazzy. She's taller than me and is the best dancer I have ever known or will know, I taught her to crochet and now she's doing that. She has 3 dogs a brown lab called Bill and a German Shepard puppy Gem (Sash and Gem are BFFs), she also has a younger sister called Violet and her and Alexis (my little annoying sister) are Best Friends as well as us. Mackenzie's full name is Mackenzie Jessica Wellington her nicknames are Mack or M. She is taller than me and Jaz and likes gossiping and basketball, she can be kind but is often mean to me but Jaz doesn't notice. She has a Border Collie named Evie and her parents, she has 3 younger brothers called John, Adam and Bailey. We were the group of three the Awesome three the slow bro's (something that Jaz and I started and she just took over) we are really close. Except there was one problem that I kept to myself, Mackenzie favoured me over Jaz and Em and I felt bad for them. Oh my god yeah you don't know who Em is, Em is Emily Claire Cristal is the fourth in our group and she sometimes sits with us at recess and lunch and is in some of our classes but is not as close as Mack, Jaz and I.

We walked over to our lockers to put our bags away, I was telling Jaz all about my latest photography and she was pretending to look interested. She was chatting to Violet on her phone to see if she got to school ok, they start school fifteen minutes after us so it didn't matter if she didn't catch the first bus like us. We entered Hall S (the Senior Hall) (where our lockers are) and all the shouts of the other kids hit us like a crashing wave of noise. Our year 10 lockers are right next to the year 9 lockers so it's usually really noisy, you get used to it after a while.

Right now where inabout term three and about everyone gets along. With each other which causes all the noise. We have the full-length lockers, you know the ones like in movies (they are so cool). We put our stuff away and Jaz and Mack were walking over to my locker.

"Hey Nieve!" she yells at me so just to be weird I do the same.

"Hey, Mackenzie!!" I yell back with enthusiasm.

"Ummmmm, do you want to go to the spot," Jaz says awkwardly.

"yeah let's go Jazzy," Mack says.

We head over to the spot even though we know the bell could go any minute, the spot is like an old wooden bench on top of the hill and it looks down over the oval. As we made our way over and knew there was something up with Jaz she was acting a bit weird, I'll ask her when we get a minute alone late, I think to myself.

We got to the bench and Jaz hops up sitting on the table part of the bench because none of us can like ever use it properly, and Mack was telling me all about the tik-tok that she watched this morning. I just had to pretend to be interested but I couldn't stop thinking about poor Jaz, something had to be up she is never like this.

"Did you see anything you liked on tik-tok last night Jazzy?" asked Mack waking Jaz out of her daze.

"Snapchat well I saw..." she stuttered.

"She said tik-tok," I said correcting her worried that Mack would make fun of her for that

"Yes, tik-tok, right um well I didn't see anything that interesting" she began "I mainly was just doing homework and..."

"I did all the homework for maths that was due today, did you?" Interrupted Mackenzie, she nodded and I shook my head

"Seriously Neve, I thought at least you would do it" replied Mackenzie shaking her head furiously.

"Well, I was really busy last night and you know Sash and Tahli..." I said trying to change the subject so Mack wouldn't make fun of me and embarrass me, "Mrs Kelly isn't going to be very happy with you," warned Mack, I gulped deeply with fear I didn't want another detention.

"What's Up my dudes" yelled Emily as she rounded the corner to face us.

"Em! You here" Jaz yelled jumping off the bench with extreme excitement.

"Of course I made it," replied Emily looking at Jaz like she was dumb or something.

"why wouldn't I come?", we both looked at Jaz with the same dumbfounded expression that Emily had

"She could have been sick!" Jaz shouted throwing her hands in the air and rolling her eyes. We all shrugged along with her weird comment, soon enough Emily was talking to me and Mack wanted Jaz to listen to something she was talking about. Mack was once again saying mean things about me behind my back and it hurt, I tried hard to pretend that it didn't and just kept on smiling.

'Bringggggggg'

Oh finally saved by the bell, we all walk back to the lockers to get our stuff and go to English class.