Unrequited Love 2

To : The Sky

Dear Hoseokie,

You told me to write to the sky. Do you live in the sky now? Fly around like the clouds, like a bird.

You went to the sky leaving the world behind...

Leaving us behind...

Hobi, don't you wanna be a bird and fly back to us? I bet you do. Your old hideout, Han river, amusement park, horror house, museum, they're still waiting for you to fill the surrounding with your laughter.

I don't believe it. I don't believe it that you don't want it. I know you do but you can't...

There was a time when you used to do whatever you want to...

Chatting away the nights when you wanted to...

Roaming around the street of Gwangju when you wanted to...

There was a time when life was at your fingertips, playing with it however you wanted to...

But now you can't. It's still so hard for me to believe that life isn't at your fingertips anymore. When they left you at the graveyard, confined within the coffin. You couldn't rejoinder.

Hey, what happened to that girlfriend of yours? That one with red hair, the girl you dated for years. Remember the day when you showed me all the letters you wrote for her. You said you hated writing but since the day she said love letters are romantic, you became a personal poet for her.

You made me read those letters with a sweet smile on your face. I cried so hard that day, so hard that I had trouble breathing. That night I couldn't digest the fact that you were in love with someone else. What an unruly girl I was.

My heart was screaming at me to tell you that I love you...

That you weren't a just childhood friend to me...

That we weren't just partners in crime to me...

That we belonged with each other...

That we were made for each other...

When they carried you on shoulders from home, I felt so suffocated. I felf as if the air around me had turned into ropes that tied itself  around my neck.

Gwangju never felt so empty before...

My heart never felt so empty before...

I left Gwangju that day. Our childhood memories, our growing up together, all the moment we shared together were suffocating me. So I left to Seoul that day. Clutching your letters close to my heart, I sobbed like there is no tomorrow.

So many friends of yours came today to celebrate your 5th d-death  anniversary. Where were they when our families were crying outside the hospital room? Where were they when me and your girlfriend went berserk looking for a donor?

You always said having a rare blood group makes you feel so rare but who knew, that this rare blood group would stand between you and life one day.

You were thinking about proposing her for marriage. You took me to the mall to choose a ring for her. While you were choosing the ring, eyes all sparkly, I was silently wiping my tears. Even the salesman understood what's going on in my heart as he watched me doing so.

You left the earth but you didn't leave my heart. I remember you telling me to talk to the sky whenever I miss you. Now if the sky was the person, it would definitely tell me to shut up.

I listen to your favourite song Spring Day every single day. There was a time when I used to smile while listening to the song. It reminded me of the precious smile that danced on your lips. Now it only reminds me of the moment when your smile faltered, when your eyes stilled, when your hand went cold in my hand on the hospital bed.

But don't worry, I will never forget you. I will show the car that hit you the day. I will show it that it's not that easy to erase your existence.

I am writing this letter today to let you know that I have found someone who makes me feel the butterflies you once did. I wanted to let you know that even if I have found someone, you will always rule that certain spot in my heart.

Be happy my love.

                                                      With love,

                   The girl you never loved...

Hope ya'll liked it 😇

Peace out ✌️

Borahae💜