Chapter 44

(y/n)'s POV:

I rushed as fast as I could to the adress where Mai said she was with Yuki. She didn't say too much on the phone, but I assumed they got hit by a car and the driver simply drove away after the accident. Mai sounded very shocked, she was crying, she didn't know what to do and begged for me to go there. And of course I didn't hesitate the slightest and ran as fast as my legs could carry me.

Dabi was coming with me as well, but he couldn't run as fast as me. Guess it's because of adrenaline. My heart is jumping out from my chest, but I could care less. I want to get to Mai right now, she's in trouble, and I can only hope both of them are okay and nothing too serious have happened.

I have a feeling of deja vu. Last time I ran like this was when I saw on the news that someone probably died in an accident. That person was Touya. Those feelings from the past crashed down on me, worry and anxiety buliding up in my mind. I hate this feeling, I don't want to lose anybody from my life. Why always me? Why these fucking things always happen with me? It's not fair!

I clenched my fists tighter as I ran and blinked away the threatening tears that wanted to escape from my eyes. Maybe I just worry too much and nothing serious have happened. Maybe Mai is just scared because his fiancé passed out and needs time to gain back his consciousness.

I am worrying too much...

I was close to the adress and my poor legs and lungs felt like I will die in anymoment, but I have to push myself and continue my way. I have to reach my best friend. She was always there for me. When I thought that Touya died, she was there. All the years I spent with sorrow and crying over him, she was there. When my ridiciluous relationships ended, she was there. Even when she learned I became part of the league, Mai, my best friend was there. She never judged me, she supported me instead and accepted whatever I've done. Now it's my time to be there for her and help her if I can.

"Shit." I muttered as I was only a corner away. This street was a small one, so hopefully there is nobody here expect for my friends.

As I ran out of the alley, Mai's voice or rather crying got louder. "Yuki! Get up! Please!" I heard her say.

Following the source of the voice I finally saw them from a small distance. As I assumed, nobody else was there. Luckily...

"Mai!" I called out to her, but she didn't hear me, so I tried again. "Mai!" I yelled, but as I got closer and closer my steps faltered and I halted to a stop, because the sight in front of me made my feet root into the ground.

Mai was shaking her fiancé with her hands, but obviously he didn't get up. And seeing that amount of blood pooling under him he won't...

At least I thought this, until I heard Yuki coughing...

"Yuki! Yuki!" Mai desperately called out to him.

"M-Mai." His voice was dry. Without knowing what I am doing, I slowly walked up behind Mai, then squatted next to her.

"Mai I'm here!" I called out to her.

"(Y/n)! Thank god!" She looked at me for a moment. She was covered in blood. Her pure white dress was stained with scarlet colored blood everywhere. Even her skin and face was bloody too, probably from wiping away her tears with her hands.

"What happened?" I tried to stay calm.

"I don't know, we were just... walking and... And when we wanted to cross the road, a car out of nowhere came in rapidly, and I felt Yuki pushing me to the other side of the road and he got hit with that fucking car. But... The driver got away and I had no time to read it's plate number, because I was rushing to see Yuki... And he didn't want to wake up, I was so afraid." Mai babbled as she was still crying from the shock.