the first day

narrator
*alarm clock rings*
noah sighs and roll his eyes knowing today was gonna be bad. this is noah. noah beck.
he's 17 years old and starting a new high school.
oh yeah and did i mention that he's mute?
yep you heard right. let me break it down for you. it basically means he doesn't speak.
he says a few words here and there but never full sentences. he's going to speech therapy everyday to improve his speech.

*fast forward to school*
noah walks to the front office.
he sits in a chair nervously waiting for the front desk lady to call him next.

"next!" the lady says
noah shyly get up from his seat and walks over to the desk.
"well hi there sweetie! what can i help ya with?"
she said with a thick southern accent.
noah tries to talk to the sweet lady but only a few words came out his mouth.
"uh...n-new student a-and uh n-need help"
noah said helplessly. he tried all that he could but he got an idea. what if he wrote it down on paper!?
"uhh ok sure what do you need help with?"
the lady said with a rather confused look on her face.
noah then took out a piece of paper and a pencil and started writing who he was and where he needed to go.
he then gave the paper to the lady.

"sorry for the confusion my name is noah beck and i am  mute i can't speak that many words so that's why i couldn't tell you what i need help with. but i do need help with finding mrs. miller class." the note read.

"ohh ok i understand! so your name is noah and you need to find mrs. miller class. your the new student am i correct?"

noah nods

"ok yeah so mrs. miller room is on the second floor and is room 211." she says.

noah then writes on the paper "thank you"
and then walks out of the the office.

he then hears a very faint "your welcome sweetie!" as he continues walks upstairs with a satisfied look on his face.

word count:368