13: new year resolution

[TW: mature language & mentions of drug$]

There were a series of sounds coming from inside the boss's office: the creaking of furniture, a woman's moans, and the steady rhythm of slapping skin. The girl gives it a few more minutes once she heard that loud beastly groan. She knocks on the metal door, getting permission to enter and as expected, the office stunk of musky sweat and sex.

Sae-byeok tries not to let it bother her too much.

The serpent man sat in his chair, manspread with a slightly soaked wife-beater. Standing to his side was a girl she never met before. Long curly hair that looked natural, beauty marks splattered almost in an orderly fashion on her facr. She wore nothing but a lacy black bra; a short latex skirt showing off more than just her legs.

Sae-byeok doesn't let her eyes stray.

The girl lights the cigarette clamped between her boss's lips, letting out a playful protest when he pulls her into his lap. A loud slap sounds through the room, making everything silent. A red handprint fresh on the skin where the hemline of latex ended; Sae-byeok pretends not to notice.

Her boss, the only man in the room tosses a thick envelope onto the desk, cigarette ash flying all over. "Here's your pay for the month, along with that girl your livin' with."

Sae-byeok begrudgingly calls him "sir" as she thanks him, taking the pay.

"Sit down," he continues. "I have some things I wanna discuss with you."

For a moment, Sae-byeok worries if she had done something wrong. Tensed, she shifts on the dingy fold up chair in the viper's lair.

"You're getting a job promotion," the man declares, puffs of smoke leaving his mouth, "figured I'd reward you for the good progress you've been showing."

Sae-byeok didn't feel like thanking him a second time, "What do you want me to do?"

Her boss pulls out a baggy filled with coloured pills from his pants. A proud look on his face as he dangles it midair.

"You'll be helping me sell these starting tomorrow. They're the hottest thing for the young punks these days," he throws them at her; Sae-byeok catches them with ease. "Each colour sends you to different level of heaven. You can try it for yourself to see."

"I'll pass," Sae-byeok inspects the pills. There were three different colors: pink, green and black; each with a different symbol engraved on both sides.

"Is there anything else, boss?"

"Someone will show you the ropes tomorrow. They'll be comin' in the morning," the sleazy man finalises, hand already pushing up the skirt of the girl in his lap.

Sae-byeok quickly leaves before her eyes could be violated.

||

"Took you long enough," the shorty whoops as she hoists off the railings. She lands on the pavement with a crunch, boots cracking the icy ground.

Sae-byeok hands her the envelope to stuff her hands into her pockets, "The boss wanted to talk."

"About what?"

"I got a promotion."

"Congratulations," the other girl smiles. Pink cheeks squeezed and peeling. The genuinity of her tone made Sae-byeok want to smile along with her, but she couldn't.

"I don't think we'll be working together anymore."

Ji-yeong tilts her head to the side, "Says who? The boss?"

"It was implied."

Ji-yeong gives her a look, "Be more optimistic will you? Who knows what will happen?

She pops open the envelope. Eyes sparkling at the sight of money.

"Either ways, we'll still see each other at home right?" Ji-yeong continues. "In the meantime, why don't we celebrate your promotion?"

Home.

The shorty had quite the talent for making Sae-byeok feel things just by saying such simple words. All of a sudden, Ji-yeong grabbed the front of her hoodie, pulling the skinny giant towards herself. With the help of her tippy toes, she plants a cold kiss on Sae-byeok's frozen lips.

Sae-byeok pulled away quickly, worried that someone would catch them.

Ji-yeong laughs, "It's okay, I checked."

"What was that for?"

The shorty laces her arms around the girl's neck to pull her back in closer, "You seemed like you wanted a kiss."

"I didn't," Sae-byeok tells her truthfully, slipping a warmed hand to cup her cold cheek, "Guess I do now."

She feels the curve of Ji-yeong's smile on her lips. The pressure of the face that presses into her palm. Sae-byeok decides to cup that small face with both her hands, the temperature of Ji-yeong's skin piercing cool.

"You're so cold."

"Yeah," Ji-yeong hums. "Cause' I was freezing my ass out here waiting for you."

Sae-byeok pecks the tip of her nose, making it scrunch cutely.

"I'm sorry."

Ji-yeong grins, "I forgive you. If you let us eat something other than cup noodles for dinner."

The other girl chuckles, "Yeah, okay. Whatever you want."

"Wow," Ji-yeong blurts, "you're being so nice it's actually gross."

Sae-byeok squints her foxy eyes, "Would you prefer it if I was more like before?"

"No, no," shorty shakes her head, "I like you more this way. All gross and mushy."

Sae-byeok sniffs, hiding her embarrassment with a bored look. She pinches both the girl's raw cheeks lightly.

"Shut up," she hushes Ji-yeong before closing the gap between them once more.

A/N:
We are back!

I'll just put it out there that updates are gonna be slow, because I'm very busy even though it's the goddamn holidays. Reality is hectic.

Hope everyone is well & wishing you all a (belated?) Merry Christmas!