Yeonjun

Yeonjun's story started a few years back when he graduated high school. His parents had just died and his foster care kicked him out since he was already 18. He was struggling financially. So when he was approached in an alleyway by a masked man and given a job, he obviously accepted. He only meant to do the job until he could get a better one, but he somehow got pulled deep into that world. Now 3 years later, 22 -year-old Choi Yeonjun loaded his gun once again and stepped out into the chilly air.

✯✯✯✯✯

Making sure the gun was fully loaded, Yeonjun stepped out, adrenaline-filled and just slightly cocky due to his successful mission the night before. It didn't take him long to get to the house of his victim. He was trying to be inconspicuous, but it didn't help that his coal-black hair was flying everywhere because of the chilly night breeze. Getting to the house was always the easiest part of the trained killer. Not that the part after was that hard, it was just complicated to dispose of the body. 'Well at least I don't have to do that today,' the man thought to himself as he readied himself to climb the brick wall of one of the biggest houses in the neighbourhood. He entertained himself by coming up with a reason for why his boss wanted him t kill this person as he climbed up the seemingly endless wall. He never hold his hitmen anything in case they were caught on the job. In all his years working for him, Yeonjun had never even seen his boss' face.

When he finally got to the top, he took off his belt which was keeping him attached to the wall and jumped silently into the room. He knew exactly what the room was and how to get there thanks to the map he had been given before the job. In a matter of seconds, he was at the bed of the victim. 'Hmmm, he's handsome, it's a shame he has to die,' he smirks. He normally liked to put his victims through at least a little bit of pain, but he decided against it this time. 'He better be thanking his pretty face,' He slowly puller out his knife from the sheath. He liked to use knives over guns because they were quieter and were capable of more pain so even though he carried the latter around, he never used it. He looked around the room to make sure no one was there. Maybe it was the fact that he was tired, or maybe just an honest mistake, but he failed to notice the small figure crouched in the corner of the room. He also failed to notice that there was a small female human-shaped dent in the mattress next to the man. Quickly and swiftly, he slit the man's neck. He made a gurgling noise and opened his eyes for a split second before closing them forever. Satisfied, he watched a pool of crimson blood form and drip down his skin and onto his shirt. Just as he was about to leave he heard a small whimper coming from the corner of the room. He whipped his head around, his hair hitting his oval-shaped face and making him wince in pain. He didn't see anything at first, but eventually, a shape started to form.

"ᵀʰᵉ ᵖᵒˡᶦᶜᵉ ᵃʳᵉ ᵒⁿ ᵗʰᵉᶦʳ ʷᵃʸ" it croaked out. By the sound of it, it was a she. As he stared at her, frozen to the floor, he remembered a piece of information of the briefing form he had lazily skimmed over. The man had a wife. 'Oh no,' Without another thought, Yeonjun reached for his belt which he was carelessly left on the bed. But it was too late. The door opened and seven police officers stormed in, armed with guns. Yeonjun barely had time to attach his belt before jumping out the window. Thanks to whatever was the belt, he didn't die and instead got some scratches and bruises as he climbed down the wall. He estimated he had about two minutes before the police had time to come down the stairs. The minute his feet touched the ground, he started to sprint. He didn't know where he was going, only that he had to get away. Sure enough, within minutes, he could hear the police sirens behind him. Nothing around him seemed familiar as Yeonjun ran and ran.

This was the first time anything like this had happened. In all his years with this job, he hadn't been careless enough to get caught. That was why he was one of the best hitmen in the city. You can't get that title easily. Because of this, he wasn't prepared to be caught. He ran and ran and the sound of the sirens got closer and closer. The pounding of his heart matched the pounding of his feet over pavement, grass, mud. After what seemed like hours, his mind finally cleared enough for him to realise his surroundings. The siren was now too close for comfort. At that moment, he was thankful he had spent years running up and down roads to build muscles. As he nearly collapsed, he noticed an alley. 'That'll work for now' he could barely walk straight, but managed to get into the comforting darkness of the alley.

He breathed a huge sigh of relief as he watched the police cars pass his hiding spot. His back hit a wall and he slid down it to land on the dusty ground with a thud. After a few minutes, Yeonjun could breathe again and he fully looked around. As he forced his muscles to get up, he noticed something. A van. To be more specific, a van with a nursing home logo on it. 'What's that doing in an alley' With his gun in hand and his knife in the other, Yeonjun crept up to the van. Inside, it didn't seem like there were any old people. 'Good' He might've been a hitman, but he still respected his elders. If there were any old people in there, he would've left it alone. But the only people who seemed to be in there were two boys who looked to be around the same age as him. 'Well, looks like I just got a ride,' he thought as he walked up to the window and knocked on it. In an instant, the lights in the van turned off and the alley was left in complete darkness again. Before Yeonjun could react, he felt a pair of hands wrap around his neck.

"Don't move,"

A/N - Well this was fun to write. But it's 2 in the morning so I'm not going to check it. I'll do it tomorrow. I hope you liked it. Shameless self promo. I just published a minsung fic check it out if you can pls