𝐏𝐫𝐨𝐥𝐨𝐠𝐮𝐞 | 𝟎𝟎

𝐒𝐚𝐢𝐲𝐚𝐚𝐧 | سائیاں

The sun was nowhere in sight. Heavy rain fell from the dark cloud, the cold droplets felt like tiny daggers to the skin.

Cries of women could be heard from a distance, cries coming from within the durrani haveli. Men and women dressed in white could be seen coming in and out of the haveli. A sombre expression on everyone's face.

Three different bodies covered in white shrouds could be seen as the women of the Durrani house cried, clinging to the bodies of their loved ones.

One cry could be heard from miles away, the cry of a young girl who was barely a decade old.

Cuts and burn marks could be seen covering the hands and legs of the young girl as she cried and screamed for them to come back.

"Mama uth jain!..baba please.." another scream followed by heavy crying could be heard as the people present could only try and control their tears.

[ Mama wake up!..Papa please..]

It was a sight one would never wish even on their enemies.

"Tayii..insey kehein na..uth jain." The girl wailed as her aunt tried to control her own tears.

[ Aunty..tell them to..wake up.]

"TAYI YEH UTH KYUN NAHI REHEYYY HAIN! TAYI INSEY KAHEIN UTH JAIN!..tayi please..."

[ AUNTY WHY ARENT THEY WALING UP!? TELL THEM TO WAKE UP...aunty please...]

"Mama baba..uth jain na.. mei k-kabhi tang n-nahi karo-oungi..."
The girl kept crying as she pleaded for her parents to wake up.

[ Mama, Papa..wake up..I w-won't ever a-annoy y-you..]

Aisha tried to console her niece but her attempts were futile. Her niece was inconsolable. She kept crying and crying for her loss was incomparable to any other.

Aisha could only hold her niece in a tight embrace, her motherly affection for her niece made her heart hurt, she couldn't see her like this.

Both cried in each other's embrace until the elder one felt the younger ones body give out.

The younger girl had fallen in and out of consciousness. Whenever she would wake up her question would be the same.

"Mama baba Kahan hain?"

[ Where are my parents? ]

Aishas heart hurt to see the daughter of her sister so distraught. The little girl was barely ten and had suffered such a great loss, in a single day she had lost her parents and her grandfather and to top it off she was the one present when they met the accident.

She was the sole survivor.

▪︎◇▪︎