CHAPTER 8 - RESOLUTION (1)

"Crystallization Burnout...Final Burst..."

"Sweeping Rain..."

[Sound of Pyro and Geo emerge]

SLASH!!! BANG!!!

After working tirelessly to eliminate Cryo Regisvine, Kay finally manages to execute it with the help of a code breaker and a cute fox that relentlessly attacks the huge ice plant.

Kay then collapsed to the ground, exhausted as soon as he used the Code Breaker. He can only be used for five minutes, and after that he will feel very tired and fatigued considering the amount of energy required to use it.

"What a waste of time", said Kay, heavily breathes to grasp the air. "There is no sign of [the cell] infected that plant. We come here for nothing..."

"Fuyu...", said the little fox, jumps and lands at Kay, sitting there while wiggling her tail.

"Well, maybe not for nothing...", said Kay as he changes his mind.

Kay starts to get up and move because the work here is done while the little fox jumps up and stays in Kay's coat. Looks liked someone gets a new companion that can guide and help in combat.

"Thank you, little fox," Kay said, stroking the little fox. "Now, what should we do now? Cryo Regisvine is not infected by [the cell], but it is not liked we can ignore it..."

"Jean did say that we should just investigate it and not fight it", Yui said, sounding a bit angry at Kay. "Besides, I know, you already know which monster is infected with [the cell] ..."

Kay stares at Yui, he sighs and shakes his head.

"Never say that in front of them", said Kay. "It's not like I'm hundred percent sure about it, but mostly one of the four winds is its target...Dvalin. What I'm heard, he is strong, huge, and quite agile. Since he is dragon, quite sense to understand the reason it."

"So, you just lie to them?", asked Yui.

"I never lie, and I don't hide the information at them", said Kay. "I did say to them, to be prepare for worst..."

Telling them lies will lead them to disaster, chaos is going to happen. However, telling them the truth, will bound to hurt them. Either that it is indeed their choice, whether they accept it, or are still in denial.

"We should go back to Mondstadt", said Kay. "There is nothing more for us to do..."

"Fuyu?", said the little fox.

"And yeah, you can come with us", said Kay. "Is that fine to you, Yui?"

"Humph!! Do whatever you want", said Yui, pretty mad at Kay.

Before Kay leaves, he gets some stuff from Cryo Regisvine, maybe just some monster drops. They seem legitimate and Kay believes that these might be useful in the future especially the artifacts he gets.

Eighteen percent attack boost can be a little upgrade consider Kay is still having a hard time to deal with the Cryo Regisvine even though it was never infected by [The Cell]. Just that strength alone take some time for Kay to defeat it and let alone [The Cell]. Using Code Breaker is a good idea, but it takes a toll and Kay's bodies, plus [Crystallization Burnout] is balance closer to defence which is not Kay usual style.

"Hahh, come on," Kay said. "We will camp before returning to Mondstadt. It is too late, and the sun will set soon. Let just hoping that we can get there early in the morning."

"Fuyu...", said the little fox, shivers inside Kay's coat due to coldness.

"Yeah, let's get out from here", said Kay, shivers. "The longer I stay here, I'm sure I'll freeze..."