.。*♡ Requiem .。*♡

word count: 2,028

.。*♡.。*♡.。*♡.。*♡.。*♡.。*♡.。*♡.。*♡.。*♡

𝐘/𝐧 𝐠𝐚𝐯𝐞 𝐒𝐚𝐭𝐨𝐫𝐮 𝐚 𝐬𝐦𝐚𝐥𝐥 𝐭𝐰𝐢𝐫𝐥 𝐢𝐧 𝐡𝐞𝐫 𝐬𝐢𝐥𝐤𝐞𝐧 𝐝𝐫𝐞𝐬𝐬, 𝐡𝐞𝐫 𝐞𝐲𝐞𝐬 𝐭𝐰𝐢𝐧𝐤𝐥𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐢𝐧 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐬𝐮𝐫𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐥 𝐥𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭𝐢𝐧𝐠.

That signature scent of vanilla and coconut and sun washed over Gojo's senses as he smiled, his eyes on her silhouette. Y/n's brown skin was faintly rosy in the bright sun and her hair was as beautiful as it always was, complete with braided tendrils on either side of her face encompassed with golden clasps of some sort. She leaned in close to him, close enough to feel her breath tickle his chin and jaw. Soft lips formed the motions of words, yet it was like she was saying nothing and everything all at once. There were fantastic words pouring from her lips like honey although he could not comprehend a single bit of it, his ears replacing the sounds with nothingness entirely. Satoru felt himself shiver, despite the warm breeze that swept itself beneath them.

One palm of her's went to his face and caressed it so gently, it immediately snapped him from his coolness. Her thumb then ran along his bottom lip, her touch as soft as a kiss. Satoru thought he would melt from the dizzying sensation. Y/n trailed her fingers from his temple to his jawline with so much tranquility and grace it was almost ungodly how wonderful her touch made him feel.

He watched as she grabbed his hand, aligning her fingers with his until they clasped together- before silently guiding him through the rich green fields, speckled with flowers of every color and shape. They seemed to dance along to the sounds of their footsteps, welcoming them deeper and deeper into the sea of green. They then crossed a stream, bounding across smooth stones worn away by time until their tops were completely flattened. Gojo felt himself slip on the last stone, it was particularly slippery as the water bubbled along it's surface. As he was about to hit the clear water, a hand seemed to pull him up with an unexpected strength. The hand was connected to a smiling y/n. Her lips moved in a laughing motion, yet he heard no such thing. As they reached the other side, a honk sounded in the sky. Two large birds flew above their heads, landing shortly beside them in a patch of daisies. Two swans. Crooning, they began to groom the other with a tender graze equal to that of lovers. They passed rivers and creatures and paths until y/n gradually began to pick up her pace, now partially running. She was barefoot, yet it seemed the stray pebbles and sticks did not bother her feet at all. Her beautiful face fell through the curtain that was her hair as her lips moved to tell him something. He craned his neck to hear but it was in vain. Once again, he heard nothing.

Gojo pulled a smile, keeping his pace with her as he watched the beautiful blossoms flow in the wind, landing on either of them. They both craned their necks to the sky, brushing the petals from their shoulders.

It wasn't until some time after- had it been a minute or an hour, Satoru did not know, that y/n began to run faster. She leapt over sharp stones and dogged imposing brush as if she was completely aware of where each and every one of them were placed. Gojo kept his pace quite easily, yet her fluid motions somewhat began to disturb him. There came a squeeze on his hands and he looked up. She struck him with a look of disapproval- similar to the one she gave him that night at the bar- and began to run faster. And faster. And faster.

His legs, once strong, began to ache and burn, and his grasp on her hand had became so tight and desperate. A jolting pain forced him to look down. He was barefoot. He could have sworn he was not barefoot before. Pebbles and twigs had ravaged the soles of his feet, leaving red welts. The twigs began to grow into spindly weeds with thorns, now clawing at his legs and ankles. Satoru thought he was about to start seeing stars. He frantically looked to y/n. Her gaze stayed straight ahead, totally unbothered by the sight. Satoru felt himself gasp.