10

Your phone had been going crazy all night to the point you could not sleep. It was all calls from Harry and some from Parker but you did not want to talk to anyone. When you had asked for time you hadn't expected him to continuously call you.

"What?" You screamed as you answered his phone call. You could hear heavy breathing coming from the other end of the line. "Harry?" You tentatively asked.

"It was him. He was the one that broke us up." He had slurred speech and he was repeating the same two sentences to you.

"Are you drunk?" You had never seen Harry drink a drop when you were around so you didn't know he did it.

"I might," hiccup "have had something to drink. I miss you and he ruined us. He ruined us." It broke your heart to hear him like this; why was he always putting you into these positions?

"I'm coming over, stay at home okay?" You spoke slowly and patiently as you would to a child. You didn't hear anything from his end and you looked at your phone only to see he hung up.

You shook your head and called the local cab service and waited for the ride outside. The things you would do for him, the power he held over you was astonishing. Was this what love was like?

~~~

"Thank you," you told the cabbie as you handed him the money and tip outside of Harry's home. All of the lights were on in his house making it a beacon on the dark street.

"No problem Miss." The man nodded at you and drove off, leaving you alone on the sidewalk. You braced yourself for what you were about to see as you walked into his house through the unlocked front door.

"Harry? It's me, I came by." You called through the open house and you saw him fly down the stairs. He immediately came at you and held you close; you could smell the alcohol on his breath.

"It was Parker baby," he blubbered in his drunken haze. You looked at him quizzically.

"What was Parker?"

"He was the one that called her. He was the one who broke us up." He came to rest his face in the crook of your neck as he nuzzled you.

His warm breath hit your neck as he whispered, "I love you so much." He continued to rub his face against your skin, getting comfortable as you held him. It was with difficulty to hold him up as he resembled dead weight as he just clung to your tiny frame. His knees had been bent to reach the crook of you neck and you knew he had to be in discomfort.

"I know you do. Come on let's go and get you to bed." You pulled him away from your neck and steadied him on his legs before putting your arm around his waist, holding him up and right up against your side.

With a great difficulty you were able to get him upstairs and in his room. He collapsed on his bed right away and you knew he was out like a light. You took off his shoes and peeled away his jeans, damn them for being so tight. After you pulled his jeans off you propped him on his pillows, pulled the blanket over his still form, and pushed the hair that had fallen off of his face.

"What am I going to do with you?" You spoke aloud as soft snores filled his room. You toyed with his hair as you watched him peacefully sleep. You smiled softly as you looked down upon him and went to grab some medicine and water for when he woke up in the morning.

You placed all of his items on the nightstand and gave him a lingering kiss on his forehead. You had yet to let yourself delve into your mind about the things he had said about Parker. It was going to be a long night you could just tell.

You went back down to his living room and made yourself a makeshift bed on his couch; it was comfortable but not that comfortable.

You nodded off and for a moment it felt as though you were weightless, letting yourself become one with the peaceful tranquility that sleep offered. You didn't know how long you were in such a state but it wasn't until a voice came through that it confused you. "Shh, it's okay I've got you." You felt something warm and wet touch your forehead but you were in the state of peace and you didn't want to open your eyes.