𝐌𝐑. 𝐋𝐎𝐕𝐄𝐑𝐌𝐀𝐍

PROLOGUE

❝ a memory, that you are, so bittersweet ❞

▬▬▬▬▬ liyue, the ever-changing region riding along with winds of time. and yet the place where he holds dear remained the same. though, flowers and offerings would, in time, wilt and decay, the structure was frozen in time. trees that bare leaves of gold tower over a marble table. a swing hung up on one of the branches as it gently sways with the gentle breeze. and by one of the trees, a grave of geo stood. time had left its traces on the grave; moss, small cracks, and a small cecilia growing beside it.

just the way zhongli remembers it, as would he, as morax, back when he first made it. he crouched in front of the grave, fondly staring at the name engraved on the slab. he didn't know what to feel.

[name], the one intricately carved onto the stone was this name. your name. it had been millenniums since he's heard your voice, since he's felt your embrace that never failed to give him warmth.

"ah, i seem to be crying", he whispered to none. with a gentle tug of his sleeve, he used it to wipe the tears away. though, his attempts were futile, as more came streaming down his face. he laughed, laughed as he kept wiping the tears.

"all these years, i thought i could keep it all in. but it looks like i've reached my limit". the gloves that he wore were no more, as he remembered you loved his every touch and would prefer if you felt his skin instead of some cloth. even if the color of both his arms wasn't parallel with his usual pale complexion.

"would it be greedy of me if i wished to see you one more time?" had he only hoped that the mellow whispers of the wind were you. zhongli shook his head, reminding himself that you were no more but a memory. as he stood up, he gazed at your name one more time before leaving.

he hopped down from the mountain where your grave had been and heaved a sigh. he would never get over you, would he? of course he wouldn't, you, you're the first and last person he loved so dearly. you made his heart flutter at the mere sight of you, your laughter would bring him a jolt of joy, every moment the two of you shared was a moment he wished would never end.

you made him laugh, you made him cry, but most importantly, you made him feel loved.

"hu tao must be looking for me now," he said, shaking his head. with one last look at where you were, he took his leave and headed towards liyue harbor.

"welcome back mr. zhongli! sure took your sweet time huh" hu tao grinned, stepping aside to let the said man in. zhongli nodded and caught the bucket aimed towards him while keeping eye contact with his boss. the mastermind sneered at the man before laughing.

"you're such a party pooper, mr. zhongli". hu tao laughed before heading inside the parlor. but before she entered, her eyes lingered on her worker's hand.

"mr. zhongli, are those new gloves. i gotta say, i never thought you would own ones with that kind of design since you're basically this old, stick to a simple type of things" at the mention of his gloves, his tracks halted, now noticing the lack of cloth at his touch. was he that lost in thought to have not noticed him leaving his gloves behind? to be honest, yes.

"ah, yes, a friend of mine gave it to me. i thought it would be nice to change one's fashion, even if it were just my gloves" nice save zhongli, hu tao believed it. the director hummed and went inside the establishment, leaving the geo archon to ponder.

if he were to return, how much of his time would he consume? surely, hu tao wouldn't mind him being a few minutes late than he is now, after all, he is a valued employee of hers. as conflicted as he was at that moment, he still chose to set foot on your grave once more. practically drilling a small mantra in his mind; 'i'm only going there to retrieve my gloves'. he knew that if ever his focus were to waver, he'd end up overstaying there instead of returning here.

as he began his journey, he glanced back at his hands. memories of him and you walking side by side, hands, and hearts intertwined would resurface within his mind. you'd share tales of many, how you took down a swarm of slimes, the food you burnt whilst looking for more spices, the flower crown you made, waiting for it to be placed at its rightful place, or when-.

he shook his head as a smile of sorrow painted his lips, dismissing all memories that would play. as much as he'd love to reminiscence the past, he still had to get back his gloves to hide away his hands.

with one final step, zhongli has reached his destination. well, not quite. there was a clear hesitation that lingered in his body. surely, he and a only few individuals would know of this place. a place where the silent hums of the wind and the orchestra of nature would accompany you as you rest, a place where he can visit you anytime. he can't recall any of them informing him that they would visit.

so who was it that hummed a tune so strikingly familiar to him?

with skeptical footsteps, zhongli made his entrance. if he were required to resort to violence, then so be it. they dare disrupt the peace in such a sacred place, that was something he can't forgive.

"oh hey, you forgot your gloves over there so i figured i could borrow them for a while. use it to, y'know, remember the good ol' times". that awkward tone, that voice, could it be?

hitched was his breathing, form slightly shaken, zhongli couldn't believe his own eyes. there sat on the swing, was you. his main objective; his gloves, were now on your hands. time itself seemed to not exist in you, as you were still the same as before.

whispered in a hushed tone, your name. eyes glued onto your figure, finding it hard to discern whether this is but an illusion or not.

"it's nice to see you once more, morax".

▬▬▬▬▬ coming soon