PROLOGUE

••. Prologue .••
.•.~~.•.

Laryinth Kingdom,
Gemstone Palace of Laryinth.

"Helle"Arabeth, they young maiden assigned to her Majesty, The Queen called. "My Lord requests your presence now".
Seven months pregnant Helle got
frightened, why would the Queen want her , maybe it was the King who wanted her but what for? Why would they want her? She was only there to deliver the baskets of berries requested by her highness.
"Helle" The King smiled, his smile was sardonic. He was about to give the pregnant woman some disheartening news. Helle crossed her fingers, hoping she could take whatever the King had to say.
"Sister". Aura, The Queen and her biological sister called. " What is it Aura?" Helle was curious, she could not take the suspense anymore, she was anxious to know why she had been summoned.
"It's about Vlad" Aura said. "He, as well as a few other men, went to Garin, to defend our traders there and well". Queen Aura paused . " Well confronting the Garin traders and defending traders of Laryinth resulted into war and well-" "He died". King Gamaliel said. He didn't like how his wife was beating about the bush.
"Dead!?!" Helle exclaimed, the tears already falling. "What do you mean he's dead?" "We mean he's dead Helle. Look we know this is hard to accept but Vlad isn't coming back." Gamaliel said.
"He was a good man" he continued "A noble man, a warrior, an honest man, a man of his word, my most trusted adviser and friend." Helle blanked out while the King ranted all about Vlad.
Helle ran out to the backyard leaving a trail of tears on the marble floors of the palace, Aura chased after her younger sister. "Wait Helle".
Helle ran into her guest room, she cried her eyes out. Vlad was never going to meet their child, he was never going to have another child with her, he was never going to take her hunting with him, he was never going to sing to her again, he was never going to dance in the dark with her, he was never going to watch her dance in awe, he was never going to travel with her, he was never going to say the words I love you again. The more Helle thought of her deceased husband, the harder she cried.
" Aghh" The scream was heard across the massive Gemstone palace.
"What was that?" Gamaliel demanded. "Sounded like the Queen's sister" one of the guards said. "Find her" the King ordered.
"Push Helle, push!" Aura yelled at her sister. "You have to push". One of the maidens said. Helle's heart ache caused her to go into labor early. "Please Helle". The Queen squeezed her sister's hand that was clasped with hers.
Helle pushed as hard as she could. "The baby isn't coming out your highness" one of the maidens said to Aura. "Helle push out" Queen Aura yelled at her younger sister who was losing her strength. "You have to do this sister, you have to make your deceased husband happy. You can't let the baby die please push harder " The Queen cried.
She was frustrated. Helle was losing her strength rapidly, she felt herself slowly drifting away. "Helle no please don't do this". Aura said, this time in tears. "Helle please, you're a young woman. A woman of strength and courage you cannot do this please" Aura begged but it was no use. Helle was giving up her ghost.
"Helle Uldiva Zük you cannot die!" Aura screamed. Miraculously, Helle gained strength and pushed one last time. A baby girl was born.
The girl was a beautiful sight to behold. She was gorgeous and full of life. Her eyes as blue as the skies just like her father's. Her nose pointed like her mother's She had bright pink lips and lovely dark hair like Vlad. Aura adored the child. She couldn't believe she and a niece. She vowed to cherish the girl as long as Helle lived.
"May I?" Helle asked, her voice faint and weak. Aura gave the child to her mother.
Helle held the child close. Her eyes were watery. She gazed her baby for minutes. "Oh my girl, how your father would have loved to meet you ". Her voice shaky. One could feel her pain through her words. "He would have loved you, you know. He always wanted a daughter of his own. His special girl, the one he would love with all his heart. The one he would defend and protect just like he did with me. He's own little girl, his precious, his gold. The one he would cherish so much. Now he finAlly has one and he isn't alive to see her grow. To watch her grow in beauty and strength." Helle paused, she sobbed for a few minutes before she continued.
"You look like him you know, beautiful. He was a handsome man, very handsome. Women all over Laryinth envied me. They said I was lucky. I was indeed very fortunate to have met a man like him. Men like that don't come by easily you know" She sobbed again.
"He thought me so many things about life. He encouraged me, he was there fore me when I'd lost my mom to a terrible sickness. He comforted me you know. He was my guardian angel, always there to protect me, always there to defend me, to fight for me. He never gave up on me. He trusted me, he called me a precious germ to be cherished by all". She cried harder this time. "He loved me passionately with all of his heart and I loved him also. I wish he were here my girl." She sobbed again.
"I swear on my dead mother, I will protect you". Helle vowed. "You are my grace, my favor. My Amaranth".

Cast
Adriana Lima- Amaranth
David Gandy- Matvey Deòir
Penélope Cruz- Queen Aura
Eva Mendes- Helle
Richard Armitage- King Gamaliel
Ryan Guzman- Prince Óscar
Mario Lopez- King Garn
Adam Senn- Prince Agustín, Garn's son.
Zoë Yadira Saldaña Nazario- Zoëë, Amaranth's best friend & Óscar's sister
Sean O' Donell - Altoro, Zoëë's suitor

Note:
Names from different tribes and cultures will be used in this book. They would not in anyway be afflicted with the real cultures.