Chapter 2 : A path to obtain you

Seeing his dull eyes made Lotis so happy, 'How dare you a lowly thing like you dare to be happy when you are disrupting my son's life, it repulses me!'.

After Lotis found out the family of two treating the filthy bug like a human, it made her blood boil.

Seeing him despair and have a look as if he gave up on life made her gay beyond belief.

As usual that day, Kadul entered the dark room where he was beaten to the brink of death.

"Sit down, what insolence you have to still be standing in my presence ", and as usual he obeyed her without question.

With every hit he kept flinching, the pain was unbearable, it was horrible. After she was done, in a voice full of contempt she ordered him to leave.

After closing the door, his aura changed from a timid boy to a cold bone-chilling one.

†††††‡†††††

In the dark room, a small flame ignited in his hand, it was magic.

The Novachtien royalty had rare traits, dark navy blue hair which looked black at first glance, golden eyes and most of all they could perform all elements of magic, including rare types like appearance change.

However Kadul had gotten his mother's  red eyes.

Before his deterioration the emperor  had noticed he had powerful magic potential so he taught him a few techniques of how to control magic attributes like flame, water, wind and earth magic behind Lotis' back because from the start he had comprehended faintly that there might come a time he couldn't protect the child borne by the woman he loved.

Divine power and magic were two different things, divine power's source was from your heart it swirled around while magic power came from a mana core located in your abdomen, it was bean sized but the capacity of magic power was at least a million times greater, so far the Novachtien royalty's mana core was known to have the greatest capacity hence the greatest mages were royalty.

You could not have both because they would collide and end up killing the wielder.

However a mage could be treated by divine power because after healing the certain parts it would disappear without a trace, what was life-threatening was being born with both powers. Divine power and magic power was a power you wielded from birth, magic power awakened at the age of 12 while divine power from birth.

It was a year later after that nightmare of a day, Kadul had been honing his magic skills, he had mastered all the natural attributes , now he was practicing a rare hypnosis spell, looking for a subject, at that moment a mouse scurrying about came to a halt because it was under Kadul's spell, his red eyes glowed eerily in the room, the rat after a while dropped down dead.

He had killed his first living thing.

The next day walking in a hallway where a servant passed rarely, he waited.

After a few minutes a man with ginger hair and  freckles of medium height happened to be passing by, it was one of the servant's who harrassed him knowing he was powerless.

At the moment he saw Kadul he smirked and with an arrogant look said " Oh if it isn't the filthiest bug in this entire palace, you disgust me" with that he raised his hand to slap Kadul but his hand stopped midway and his head drooped slightly and were looking at Kadul's eyes as if possessed.

Then both his hands moved to both sides of his head and twisted his head in an unnatural manner, when it he had exceeded his limit a cracking sound could be heard, after he dropped dead on the floor. Kadul looked at the servant's corpse with an indifferent face then he silently walked back to his room.