Five

Slipping in to domesticity over the next couple of days had been seemingly easily for all four adults and the child. They spent plenty of time together, and knew when they needed the time apart.

"Reets? I'd like to take Robyn out for the morning. Just to the park. Is that okay?" Ricky asked the half asleep woman in his bed.

"Of course it is.."

*

Ricky had decided to take this opportunity to get to know his daughter a little better. Even just the tiniest of details would make him feel in some way closer to being a real dad to her.

"So, young Robyn, what's your birthdate?" He started simple.

"4th April daddy! I'll be three soon.." Robyn stated proudly, oblivious to the flash of hurt across Ricky's face when he was reminded, yet again, just how much he had missed in her little life.

"Three is a big number! Favourite colour?"

"Yellow, it's pretty like the sunshine!"

*

-Rita's P.O.V-

"MUMMY!" Robyn came bounding back in to the flat, closely followed by Ricky. She seemed in good spirits at least.

"Hello sweetheart, did you have a good day?" I asked her, confused by the way she came to whisper in my ear.

"I really love my daddy..." She said.

"Don't tell him, but I still love him too.."