🥀Chapter Thirty Two🥀

Mordechai

I ran a hand through my hair before releasing a deep breath. This was not happening. I was so angry at my father ; he had no right to decide my life for me. I have no intentions of getting married right now. I knew that this would happen and the men helped along with it. If I wasn't married by then end of the year I will be removed from the heir position to the empire.

My dad had been talking about it for over a year now and I had my sights on it to manage and be the CEO of it. But I didn't things would go down like this. Married or not I'm still capable of taking care of it and besides a wife will only get in the way. Especially one that is either a gold digger or likes to challenge me.

I didn't even have a clue as to what my mom would say. She hasn't been around much for the past months either. It was suspicious but I never asked her anything about it ; that was dad's job. Matteo had been doing nothing than drinking and partying. He was going to be the owner of a small casino my dad was building but not anymore, he wasn't responsible enough. Dad handed it over to a close friend's son and that resulted in matteo throwing a fit. I haven't seen him in weeks.

"Are you alright?", I heard vanessa say as she came up beside me. I could recognize her voice from anywhere. It was soft yet a hint of confidence was laced in it everytime. She stared down at the people going to about their businesses from where we were.

"I'm fine", I lied. I wanted to hear what she had to say after this. My mind went back to what happened this morning in the elevator. It was just my instinct that got the best of me. I remembered how she was looking at me wanting to push away but she couldn't...and neither did I. If the elevator didn't stop I had no idea how far we would've went.

I should've been able to resist easily. I wasn't attracted to her, she was not my type. Then why does she make me feel sort of pull, something that makes me shiver when am too close to her? It couldn't be lust or anything else for that matter.

It was impossible.

"Right, of course you are -

"What's it to you Vanessa?", I asked cutting her off. She stared at me for the longest time before sticking her tongue out to moist her lips. I turned away from her. She had an effect on me that evolved from nowhere. I wanted it to stop.

"I don't know anything about you and your life but what I do know is that you are your own boss. You should be the one in control and not your father I'm not trying to interfere with your business or anything...I'm just saying. If you don't want to get married you don't have to".

I sighed as I ran a hand through my hair tossing it all about. I couldn't go up against my father. I had to do what he asked whether I wanted to or not.

"And then what? You don't know what it's like to have a father that controls you. I have duties Vanessa and I can't let him down", I replied a bit harshly regretting it the instant.

"I'm sorry I didn't-

"It's fine. Who am I anyways to give you advice? I'm no one. And you're right, I don't know what it's like to have a father...or a mother figure for that matter. I was only trying to help but I'll leave you alone and just do my job".

She walked away as I turned and watched her go. I didn't mean to come off so hard but I did. She never had a father or a mother in her life but I didn't know that. I learnt something about her thou, but there was more. Much more.

I saw Tifanny coming out to where I was and I groaned before turning around. A few seconds passes before I felt her hand on my back. My mind had been drifting away from her for the past weeks. It's like I can't even stand being in the same space as her. Maybe it was because she was getting too deep into my family business.

"Why do you look so depressed?", was her first words before her fingers started playing with my ear. If it was back then I would've been hard because I liked when my ear is being caressed. But now, I can't even stand up for her anymore. Maybe it was time to break off our contract.

"What do you want Tifanny?", I asked glaring at her. She sighed before finally removing her fingers from my ear and resting her back against the rail.

"I want YOU Mordechai. Don't you think this is a perfect time to break off the contract and do the real thing?".

"What, do you mean?", I asked as I wondered where the hell she was going with this.

"Let's get married".

I stared at her for the longest time before laughing out loud. It only lasted for a few seconds as I shook my head. She was insane. Once I was finished I looked at her and saw that her face had gotten serious and she was staring at me as if she wanted to slap me. But she wouldn't dare.

"You're crazy".

"And why is that? We've been sleeping together for so long, and besides your dad wants you to get married by the end of the year. Do you think you're gonna find someone else so soon? You shouldn't even be denying this!", she retorted as her face got slightly red.

I didn't have time for this.

"Tif, our contract was only sex. Nothing more. There's no love -

"So what?!".

She was getting redder by the second. I turned and started walking away. I couldn't stand her right now. I ignored her shouting my name and went back inside the building.

>>>

As the water flowed down my body, my mind went back to Vanessa and how I reacted today. We came home a fee hours ago and she hasn't said a word. There was a time when I didn't care about whatever I said to her but now...I do. She wasn't a bad assistant. She wasn't even a bad person. She was strong and doesn't let anyone walk over her.

After washing myself and my hair, I left the bathroom with a black towel around my waist. I took a smaller towel from the drawer and started drying my hair. Tifanny was really something else expecting me to marry her. I couldn't and I won't.

I pulled a pair of shorts on before leaving the room shirtless. I made my way towards the kitchen where Margaret was whipping up something. She was very dear to me and I haven't regretted meeting her.

"Smells delicious", I say as she laughed before placing a plate on the table. I sat down and started eating as I waited for Vanessa. She couldn't possibly go to her bed without eating some food.

I was almost finished with my food when she walked in. It was like everything went in slow motion. And it was because of what she was wearing. A sleeveless top and a pair of extra short shorts. Her long legs were on display as she strolled towards where Margaret was.

She said something to her before Margaret laughed and patted her shoulder. I watched as she took a jar of jam from the cupboard and opened it. She took up a spoon before turning around. I watched as she dipped the spoon in it and took a taste.

Fuck.

Our eyes were battling each other's. Margaret left the kitchen humming to herself and I expected vanessa to leave as well but she didn't. She removed her gaze from mine and focused her attention on the jar. That's when I got up.

I walked up to her and when she noticed my presence, I already had her cornered. She held the jar to her chest covering her cleavage in the process. It was for the best. My hands were on either side of the counter as my body was pressed onto hers.

"I'm sorry about today", I said but my mind wasn't near anything that happened today. I was too caught up with how we were positioned.

"It's, it's ok", she replied stuttering a bit. I was about to reach out and touched her hair when I suddenly felt myself rising. I quickly stepped away and left the kitchen. I went to my room and removed all my clothes before going in the shower.

I needed to cool off.

♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡