my mute husband (felix)

(Credit to my beautiful friend for giving me this idea)

"So how is it with your husband? Is he okay?"
"I dont know. Yes i guess?"

Seonghwa, my ex boyfriend looked at me with a tired face. I just kept on sipping my matcha frappucino while scrolling down the instagram as nothing really catch my attention in my discovery feed.

Him and I was in a very beautiful relationship before my mom put me in this stupid arranged marriage with a mute person. Just because he is her bestfriend's son, why do I need to marry him? Plus he's mute. People would laugh at me for marrying such person.

"Come on, he IS your husband. You should care more about him-"
"Because of him, WE broke up. Why do you keep on telling me to care about him when I couldn't even move on from you?"

He sighed heavily when I started to hold his hand. He slowly pushed my hands away from his and his beautiful starry eyes stared deeply at me.

"I told you I have a girlfriend, right?"
"Fuck her, I just want you and I know you still love me!"
"You know what? I shouldn't have to agree to meet you right now at the first place! You're very selfish, only know how to make yourself happy and dont give a fuck about how others feel, even to your own husband!"

He stood up from our table and left from the cafe. Tears started to roll down my cheeks then I wiped it in anger. Great, now Seonghwa hate me.

And it's all Felix fault.

I rushed to my car and drove as fast as I can to reach my home in a short time. My heart was beating really fast, both anger and sad were mixing inside of my soul. I need Seonghwa back. I want him to come to my arms again. I can't take this anymore.

I want a divorce.

As I finally reach my house, I locked the car and immediately rushed to the main door and harshly opened the door. The first thing that came to me was a sweet baked chocolate smell that came from the kitchen. Maybe he was baking his brownies again. I'm so fucking tired of it as he baked those for a WHOLE month. After I closed the door, I heard some footsteps coming towards me and I know whose footsteps it is.

"No, I dont want your stupid brownies now."

His bright smile immediately dropped as I just walked by him and didn't even take a glance towards him and his brownies. When I was about to climb the stairs to my bedroom, he held my hand softly with a smile on his face again.

Why he does he keep on smiling? It's really irritates me as it makes me feel worse for treating him so badly.

He released his hand from my hand and took one of those brownies from the tray. He held the brownie and mouthed to me 'just one'.

I looked at him in annoyance and pushed his hand away which accidentally hit the tray too. I was so shocked when all of his fresh baked brownies fell down on the floor. They were scattered everywhere and Felix just freeze in shocked with his eyes focused on his brownies.

My heart beated so fast, I'm not sure if it's because of guilty or annoyance. I wanted to run as fast as I could to my room but I didn't when my ears catched his deep sobs. But my heart almost skipped a beat when he suddenly talk.

"I.."
"love"
"you.."

I slowly turned my head towards him who's still crying. I took a step closer to him.

"Did you just.. talk?"
"I.. really.. love you.."
"Oh my god Felix, you're talking!!"

My eyes started to pour heavily and I pulled him into a hug, which is our first hug in this 5 months old marriage. I could felt his hands quickly hugged me back and burried his head on my shoulders.

"I thought you're mute? How can you talk?"
"Theraphy..."

I pulled him softly from my shoulders and looked at him in the eyes.

"Who brought you to the therapy? Is it mom?" He shooked his head then slightly opened his mouth. "Seonghwa."

My jaw dropped when I heard his name. I looked at him in disbelief and suddenly my legs felt really weak till I had to sit down on the brownies spreaded floor.

"He brought me... theraphy... every week.." He tried to talk while his hands were moving in the air, trying to explain it more with his hands. "I asked.. him.. to help.. me.."

"But why? For what?"
"I want... to.. talk with... you.." His hand pointed at me with his puffy eyes stared straight into mine. "I want.. to be... normal so you.. won't be.. ashamed of me.. anymore.." He patted his chest multiple times and tears rolled down his freckled cheeks again.

For the first time in my life, I felt so guilty and terrible. I really hate myself for treating an angel horribly for a whole 5 months. I felt so angry with myself that I started to scream out of frustation and cried out loud. Felix kneeled down and pulled me into a warm hug. Both of us were crying and I couldn't stop my mouth for saying 'sorry' over and over because he really deserves those apologises. After a couple of hours, both of us sat next to each other, my head was on his shoulder and his head was on the top of mine.

"Let's start this all over. I want to treat you the way you really deserve to be treated. I want to create some beautiful memories with you for the rest of my life."

Felix grinned and I could sensed that a sweet smile was formed on his face. He intertwined our fingers together and kissed the back of my palm.

"Let's do it... together."