Dread

I sit up, groggily feeling like I can't open my eyes and like my limbs are lead. I feel myself wanting to lay back down,wheezing and tired. nonetheless I decided to sit up and get out of bed. I look around, seeing the sunlight glaring through my deep purple curtains. I noticed a voice calling out , unsure I stand up and go to the doormy legs dragging under my weight. "Who is it ? "I said, sleepiness laced in my voice. I hear a loud laugh as if he was feigning arrogance "it's me, you're favorite older brother!"

I smiled , feeling giggles forming in my throat, " you're my only older brother James..but why have you come so early?"

He looks past me out of my window "Fritz is back to see you, mum said you can see him."

I beamed at the sound of my friends name.

My brother chuckles before walking away leaving the door open.

I feel small surges of pain in my feet as I run around my room to get dressed before sliding down the staircase to greet Fritz. I get to the door, panting, but looking up into Fritz's deep purple-sapphire eyes, filled with excitement and happiness. "You came! " he says before lifting me up and twirling me slightly, I chuckle when he sets me down and I proceed to hug him tightly. I look up to see Fritz's father ,who is holding a letter and a box.

"Where is your father?" He asks, his voice booming throughout the small door. "I..uh -oh yes , he's right here." I say hearing my father coming through to the doorway. He shakes the man's hand with a smile "hello Lucian, it's good to see you are well, have you come to discuss the agreement?" He steps in slightly pushing Fritz's towards me "yes my son has brought gifts for your daughter."I feel a pang of sadness in my chest as my eyes flickered to the floor.Fritz's smiles and brushes his hand against mine and then holds it. " Come on meine Liebes"
"alright my angel,".   I mutter as I follow Fritz away from my father.