Chapter 12 - Suffocation

The sound of the door slamming startled Sakura, causing a ringing in her ears.

...

....

..

.

She could barely breathe.

A few seconds after Chaeyeon left, Sakura felt her legs begin to weaken. It didn't take long for her legs to give in, causing her to fall on her knees. She was breathing heavily, and her vision was starting to blur... all of her memories from that time begun to resurface...

Her head begun to pound... and every time she closed her eyes...

She saw the image of Anna, lying on a hospital bed in front of her... smiling to try and reassure her that everything is okay. 

As the thoughts were beginning to consume her, the door burst open. Sakura didn't have enough strength in her body to look up, but she didn't have to as the figure ran straight to her to help her up. 

"Kkura! Are you okay???" 

It's Hyewon. Sakura could hear her voice clearly, but her own voice wouldn't come out to reply. It wasn't just that, Sakura could barely move a muscle. Her entire body had gone weak and the pounding in her head wasn't letting up. 

"Kkura?? Say something!" Hyewon's voice was full of panic. No matter what she did, Sakura wasn't responding. Not a word, or even the tiniest bit of movement.

Nothing.

Hyewon quickly took out her phone, and struggled a little before successfully dialing a number.

Ring...

Ring...

"Come on! Answer it already!"

Ring...

Ring...