Dentist request for @1DLoveImagines5sos

Thank you for requesting this! Hope you like it! 1DLoveImagines5sos 

A traumatic experience at the dentist in 2014 had left Louis terrified. He swore he would never see another one in his lifetime but the pain from his mouth said otherwise. He had taken painkillers but these were no longer helping. He knew he couldn't hide it much longer from his dentist boyfriend Harry.

Louis heard the door of Harry's car shut in the driveway and he braced himself to hide the pain from him. "Hiya love" Harry shouted as he entered the front door. "Hi, in the kitchen" Louis shouted back.

"What's for dinner?" Harry said walking through to the kitchen to find Louis. "I don't know I'm not really that hungry I think I'm gonna skip" he said about to walk out. "what's up? Are you feeling okay?" Harry said grabbing Louis by the arms to look at him.

"Yeah, my stomachs a bit sore that's all" he lied. "Go and lie down love, I'll come up soon" Harry said giving him a kiss on his forehead. Louis was pleased he had gotten away with that.

Once Harry had finished dinner, he found Louis lying in bed with the lights out.

"Hey, are you not feeling good?" Harry asked quietly as he walked over to the bed. Louis never replied but gave a grumble. "What's wrong?" Harry said sitting on the bed, stroking Louis' hair.

"Nothing" "Lou, it's 7pm and you're in bed with the lights out, has something happened?"

Louis sighed and accepted defeat. There was no way he was getting out of this. "I've had a toothache for weeks and it's gotten worse... really worse" Louis finally admitted. "Louis..." Harry sighed sympathetically. He got under sheets with Louis. "Why didn't you tell me?" Harry asked. "I thought it would get better" Louis admitted. "Lou, you know that's not how it works"

"Harry, I-I'm terrified of the dentist" Louis admitted. It all made sense to Harry now. Louis had never stepped foot into the practice he worked at, he would change the subject every night, why didn't Harry see this earlier?

There was a short pause before Harry says. "I'm so sorry, I wasn't aware" Louis still hadn't turned around yet to look at Harry.

"I think I've got some stronger pain meds you can take, hang on" Harry said going into their en-suite bathroom. He got them, grabbed a glass of water and returned to the bedroom.

"Take 2" he said and Louis shakily took the glass and swallowed the pills one by one. Harry turned a light on to look at Him. There was a brief silence and Harry smiled to him. "Thank you for telling me" he said and Louis looked to him. "Thank you for opening up about your fear, I know it's not easy" Harry said as he watched Louis get uncomfortable.

"I hate to see you in pain, I just want to help you. Is this why you avoid coming into my work and try to avoid conversations about it?" Louis nodded, only then did Harry realise the extent of his fear.

"How long?" Harry asked after a moments silence. Louis looked up confused. "How long has the tooth been bothering you for?" Louis shifted in the bed, obviously very uncomfortable. "I won't be mad, I just want to help".  "A few weeks" he admitted.

Harry knew this would mean, at best, a large filling, at worst, a root canal or extraction. "Oh Lou, I'm sorry you felt like you couldn't tell me, I should have noticed" "I just kept taking pain killers but tonight they weren't working" Louis replied, tears filling in his eyes.

Harry felt awful, he had seen how much pain his patients were in when they had toothache, he was lucky enough to never have experienced it.

" Look, why don't we stay in bed tonight and relax. In the morning we can talk about what to do?" Harry said knowing Louis was probably overwhelmed enough for tonight. He nodded and the settled down to watch Netflix for the night.