Chapter 8:

~~~•••~~~
Sophie
~~~•••~~~

Here I am, walking along the compartments with an empty Starbucks cup in my hand and my bag clinging down my shoulders.

Completely natural for a witch.

Yes, I consider myself a witch now.

Questioning my Starbucks cup, I see. I randomly found that in my backpack, yes, it's the backpack I brought along in my quest to the library and yes it somehow made its way to Luna's room.

It feels weird to call Luna's room my room as well.

But then, realization hits me. What if, what if they aren't here, what if I search the whole train and don't find them?

What if they were so confused they escaped?

What if Axar or Mortificia killed them?

What if Axar didn't teleport them in London, what if they are in France or another country? There must be witches and wizards there.

What if I'm stuck here alone forever?

What if I never meet them again?

What if-

"Excuse - Excuse me-" someone cuts my worried wreck thoughts off.

After I stare at his almost familiar face, my worries jump out of the train.

"JOSH!" I bury him in a spine breaking koala bear hug. Only when I let go, I see this huge smile on his face.

" I was at Sixes and sevens looking for you, come with me."
He took hold of my wrist and started speed walking.

Wait, why isn't he bombarding me with questions?

There's no way he has bigger fish to fry.

Wait, does- does he think I'm as-as confused as he is?

I stopped at my tracks, making Josh turn around. I took a moment to see the change in his features.
Josh was the most handsome one among us, 'the cool kid' as some of my classmates called him.

Almost all of his facial features changed.

Instead of a handsome boy with the perfect personality, he looked like an average round faced boy.

Everything about his appearance changed, everything but his eyes.

His forest green eyes which I always admired didn't change.

They became more prettier, if that's possible, they became ravishing.
When I realized I was staring at him, I quickly looked away.

"Lis-listen Josh, I- I know you - that you - that you guys think that - think that I am - I am as confused as you - as you are but - but I'm not! " if you don't know what stuttering is, that's called stuttering. Kinda next level too.

"Oh - but we're not confused."

Not confused?

NOT CONFUSED?!?!

Boy, what do you mean you're not confused!?! You literally teleported in a fantasy world!

Kids these days.

Gathering myself up, I asked, "Did you manage to find the other two?"

Standing on my toes I looked over the heads of the other students in the compartment.

"See for yourself." Josh replied and kept walking forward.

Knowing his annoying habit of not telling me things easily, I bit my lower lip and followed him.

Josh isn't necessary a secretive person, he just likes to act 'cool' as my classmates call it.

"By the way, where did you get that cup?"

It took me two seconds to process his question, "Oh - in my bag. It was empty, I thought it'd be easier for you guys to find me seeing it because Starbucks doesn't exist in this." I exhaled before continuing, " this timeline."

"It does!" he said turning around with raised eyebrows and a face ready to debate if I disagree.

"Not in the UK. " I said with a vacant expression, " sure about that. "

"Maybe.... "

The smile of victory in my face vanished as Josh's taller than mine figure bumped into an unwanted passerby.

"Can't you see where you're going!" barked the slender figure.

"You're the one who was -" I squeezed Josh's arm cutting him off.

"Don't waste your energy on-" eyeing the boy up and down, with a look of disgust on my face, I finished my statement, "ferrets. "

I'm sure you guessed who our lucky guest is.

If not, go reread Harry Potter.

Before that sleek blond boy could say anything else, we made a run
for it .

~~~•••~~~

"And then Sophie called him a ferret." Josh added barely containing his laughter.

"Oh my God, didn't knew you had it in you Soph."

"Kitty, come on. I only spoke the truth."