Unlucky in Love

Philophobia: fear of falling or being in love. That's me, Sara.  A girl who is  terrified of falling in love. I'm not scared of love. I'm  afraid of getting hurt. There's a difference.  I've been taken advantage of so I don't trust easily. I've built these "walls" around me to protect myself. Can you blame me? 

I was never the girl who obsessed over boys. That wasn't my thing. Until I was 21. Then the unexpected happened. This one boy stole my heart and showed me that love isn't something to be scared of. Love can be beautiful. Before him, I had little to no experience with dating or relationships. I always envied happy couples. How could you not if you're a hopeless romantic like me? 

Back to the story.... 

October 18 2021

The day it all began. I noticed an instagram notification pop up on my phone. when I opened the message I saw it was from a guy that I matched with on bumble. Yes I was on dating apps. Don't judge. We had matched back in February but had stopped talking. He had said that he's been thinking about me and wanted to talk more. I was interested and conversed with him. After talking for a while, we moved over to iMessage. Talking with him felt so easy and wasn't forced. 

We would both talk everyday until October 21 2021. The day everything changed.