I'm back :D

A/N : Hello! Apologies for my very long disappearance. As you all know I've recently moved to a different fandom and platform and I wrote this a few weeks ago so I thought I'll post this here too. Thank you to everyone who has stuck around with me!

-

-

-

-

"We've always... had enough time."

It had been months since their unexpected encounter. Months since she had discovered her brother was a part of The Abyss. Months since she last met Dainsleif. Yet the words of her brother still lingered on her mind and she can't seem to put a finger on it. What exactly does he mean by having enough time?

"Home is wherever we are together."

But dear Brother... why aren't you home with me?

------------------

When Lumine gained her consciousness she grimaced at the bright source of light shot directly at her eyes. Her cheeks felt wet and she didn't realize she had been crying in her sleep. When she blinked her tears away and slowly pried her eyes open, she saw the familiar face that made her heart flutter. "Traveler," the figure she saw spoke. He had teal hair and sharp eyes of honeydew shade, and he looked at her with worry plastered on his face. "Are you alright?"

"...Xiao? What-" she was about to get up when a firm grip held her shoulders and pushed her down, her head once again landing on his warm lap.

"You were crying and thrashing around in your sleep. I was... worried, and tried to wake you up."

Oh, she remembers what happened now. Blacking out in the middle of a fight and all she could hear was Paimon panicking, a swift movement that immediately caught her from falling above the ground on a harsh impact. It looks like Xiao carried her and they made a stop at Wangshu Inn, above the terrace where it's most quiet. The gentle breeze calmed her nerves, playfully swaying at her hair tips and tickled her bare skin as she watched the sun began to set, a bright orange hue painting the sky in all its beauty. But no matter how wonderful the sky looks, they can never compare to Xiao. Even when their faces are apart, she could see just how marvelous he looks with the sun's rays accentuating his features. They stared at each other like that for a while before Xiao slowly, hesitantly combed his fingers through her silky hair. She found herself leaning towards his touch and somehow all her worries disappear just like that, as if they've never existed in the first place and she could feel the familiar feeling of solitude.

Here under the watch of Xiao, she feels at peace.

"I-I miss my brother." she murmured out, choking back a sob. She received a silent hum from him instead, and even if he didn't say anything to comfort her, his soft humming was more effective than words. It was as if Xiao understood her fully, and empathized along.

Another brief silence.

"Traveler, you're exhausted."

He whispered, hands still caressing her hair gently in his palms.

"But Xiao, you know I must continue my journey-"

"Lumine, sleep." He cut her off. The thing she loved about Xiao is that his voice sounded so gentle when he's like this, like she could see him be himself and not the Guardian Yaksha nor the Great Conqueror of Demons, but as Xiao himself. Her heart swelled, he was willing to show her this vulnerable side of him and Lumine gladly welcomed it. She loved everything about him. "Rest, Lumine. I will be here to keep you safe." those reassuring words were all she needed to calm her aching heart at the thought of her brother. As the sun began to set and all that's left is the stars to gleam on the night sky, Xiao pressed a kiss to her forehead and she fluttered her eyes shut.

For the first time in months, she was able to sleep peacefully.