1.

October 26th 1999

"Not again" laila said as she tried to start her car again. Her car, a 1965 ash volkswagen had served its purpose for ten years now and it refused to start every now and then.
She turned the ignition the third time, it made a sound like it was about to start but it stopped abruptly.
"Fuck fuck fuck!" She said and She banged the torn three times . "What! You haven't heard the word fuck before!!" She yelled at a old lady who squeezed her face at her as she passed by.
She was definitely having a bad day, she had gone to submit her CV to a telecommunication company but she got rejected before she even submitted it and to top it off her landlady had sent her a sixth message threatening to throw her things out of the apartment if she didnt reply her text messages.
She sat in her car, feeling sorry for herself and almost at the brink of tears.
Her phone rang out , checking the caller id she picked the call.
" Nneoma"
" Laila whats going on with your phone, its so hard to reach you"
" you dont even want to know the story whatsup," she said pinching the space between her eyes
" You said you will be here for my introduction, you know i cant do this alone"
"Ugh, i was totally going to be there really, but today is just not it for me and besides Michael is going to be there and i really am not in the mood to see him right now"
" he'll be out of your way Laila I promise, just try and come okay I'll wait for you.. my mums calling me, i gotta go"
" okay kisses"
"Kisses"