The Beyclub

"How was the first day, Sweetie?" My father asked, sitting on the couch.

  "It was great! I met some new friends," I informed him. I sat down next to him, peeking at what he was reading. "Are you reading one of those yaoi novel things?" I asked.

   He burst out in laughter, "No, N/n, I'm just reading something about the Fukushima Daiichi accident," he corrected, smiling.

  "Y/n! How was your first day of school?" Dad asked. I turned around, kneeling on the couch.

  "It was good, I met some people who were into blading!" I answered. My dad smiled greatly.

  "That's awesome, sweetheart! Aren't you glad we got you a bey for your birthday?" Dad spoke while brewing some coffee. My dad, the coffee addict.

  "Alex, what did we say about coffee in the evenings?" My father sternly asked with a soft smile. He was staring at a page of his book. Dad guiltily put down the cup (after taking a sip)

  "I know, I know..."

Two days later

  "Hey, Rantaro!" The blonde turned his face to me. "Hi! D'you wanna hang out until we have to go to school?" I asked. He smiled, but something like confusion or disappointment hid behind his beam.

  "Yeah... but you know, Valt and Shu aren't here right now..." He informed me as I ran up beside him. I giggled, but behind the facade, I was sort of pissed. Who wouldn't wanna hang out with Rantaro? Was he led to believe that people would only hang out with him because of Valt or Shu? That makes me really upsetti spaghetti.

  "Dude, I asked to hang out with you- not Valt and not Shu," I smiled bumping against him whilst walking. Rantaro blushed, smiling a really sweet smile, and bumped me back affectionately. And although we just messed around, I believe it was the most fun I've had in a while. By the end, we were lying on the ground laughing harder than anyone should.

  "Ow, ow, ow... I can't breathe..."

  "My ribs cramped while I was laughing..." I giggled, nestling into the crevice of Rantaro's side and arm. He stiffened a little before hugging me, his left side against the grass. I turned towards him, hugging him back, and squeezed tightly. My heart stopped.

  "We have school!" I sat up abruptly. His eyes widened as we both scrambled to our feet.

At the end of the day

  "I can't believe we have detention," Rantaro groaned. I scoffed.

  "I can." I smiled, looking back at Rantaro. He seemed to have lightened his mood, and he grinned back. The smile, unfortunately, left his face.

  "Aw, man, I have practice after school!" Rantaro exclaimed ruffling his hair. His distinct voice made me smile.

  "You mean at the Beyclub?"

  "Yeah-" He paused, looking at me in surprise, "You know about our club?" He asked.

  "Yeah, you have posters, like, all over the school," I answered quirking a brow. He remained still, staring at me with a blank face.

  "Hey!" I jumped at this, "You should totally join the Beyclub!" Rantaro encouraged. I laughed.

  "If I do, I can't promise that I'll put forth my full effort..." I was brutally honest. His smile dropped.

  "Why not?"

  "Because I'm in Jazz Band and Advance Band, too," I told him. His eyes widened.