Chapter One

'Tessa! Tessa, I got it!'

He ran through the door adjoining the kitchen to the foyer. His eyes shone with an intensity I rarely saw. He had his phone clasped in his hand, and his blonde hair was tousled. He ran to the long, wooden table where I sat behind my piles of music. I stood up as he neared, a smile growing on my face just from the sight of him. He picked me up and swung me around, before bringing his mouth down on mine. When he pulled away, I once again saw that bright light that shown in his blue eyes that I so long loved. He put his forehead to mine, and whispered the words.

'I got it.'

I smiled. How long had he been waiting for this? How long had he woken up with bags under his eyes from restless nights?

Now they would go away.

'I'm so happy for you Jamie,' I whispered against his lips. 'I know how much you wanted that part.'

He let out a sigh and pulled away. Where before his eyes had shone with happiness, they were now clouded with uncertainty.

'Oh Tessa....' He sighed, and tears gathered in his eyes. I stepped away from him, terrified at the words that would follow.

'James, please know you can tell me anything.'

He only nodded.

'Then please, love, tell me what is going on!'

He pulled me in for an embrace, his lean arms circling my small shoulders....

And I woke up, tears streaming down my face, my breath caught in my chest. The memory of that day replays almost everyday in my memory.

The day he found he was cast as Anthony Hope in Sweeney Todd

The day they made him leave.

My precious Jamie Campbell Bower, who had wanted the role more than anything.

And left me to do it.

That memory continues to haunt me.

That memory from five years ago.