Part 1

Back in the year 1993, i was born to live a life in this world and Lialian was the name given to me, i was the only gotten son of my parents,obviously i am being cared of than a commoner boy. I was brought up in the family where our daily bread came only from a day's hardwork,nevertheless we always had the Almighty Lord in our midst therefore we live at a paradise on earth which is our home sweet home. My father's and mother's way of balancing financial needs and making the earth a paradise is to pull a rickshaw around the town and to render a kiosk at the threshold of our house as for my mom. My parents had now brought me up hardly to continue my studies till 10th grade.

I had finished exam for the 9th grade and was having holidays. I used to help my parents in every possible ways,i knew that i couldn't ignore the struggles of my parents to keep us alive. I helped my mom in rendering our kiosk most of the holidays. i enjoyed being with my mother the whole day though i was a teenage boy who probably would like to hang out with freinds but luckily i didn't ask for a better time than to be with my mother than to be with freinds, moreover other boys in the same age group with me used to despise me knowing the fact that we lead such a low life; being the head of the family is a rickshaw puller serving the richies of the town. Nevertheless, a boy named Mumung living in the nextdoor of our house is the only freind i had had. Mumung and his family were more of like our family who didn't have a genuine source of income. We were childhood freinds i could say as we had been freinds right from our grade IV till this date.

It was then dusk when i saw my father reaching home at our damply build gate, obviously with his rickshaw,i could feel the pain,the tireness,the sweats streaming down all over the body making the clothes all wet,thinking of which i watched my hardworking dad with my lower jaw being dropped. I guessed my father saw me daydreaming behind a window he then shouted "hon et thoh lou in hon kaih lut pih dih" (trnsl. 'Don't you just watch me my boy,help me pull the rickshaw can't you see??')

I was startled of my father's voice, i was so stubborn that i did not go out to lend a hand, maybe i allowed my thoughts went too deep. I ran towards my dad ASAP and helped him put our resource into the shed where our rickshaw is being kept. We entered our house and i served my dad drinking water to clenched his thirst, he gulped in the water heavily that some of it burst out from his mouth then finished the bottle with a heavy sigh! How tired my father was. I prepared warm-water for his bath and then again helped my mother in the kiosk. After a moment when my dad finished taking a bath and all ready with the wearings, with mom we prepared for dinner on the floor. Like i had mentioned, how could we afford a comfortable dining table when we merely afford to gather a day's bread. While filling our stomachs my father told me how challenging life is and encouraged me to become an officer one day. I answered with nods and nods and kept in in my heart. My stomach was half full when we finished all the foods cooked for the time being. My mother continued to wait for customers after doing the dishes when my father and i stayed in the house giving my father massages.Perhaps stamping the paddle all day to and fro of the town my dad falls asleep in no time. When i was about to accompany my mom i met my freind mung at our front door, i invited him to the place where my mother is and the three of us sat inside our kiosk. It was a small one,the scorching heat of summer in the small room was almost unbearable. Mumung was visiting me with the intention of asking me to work with him as a labor at a building site to the northern side of the town. He didn't stay long and went back shortly. We wished goodnights and assured him if i was willing i would inform him the next morning.

**** next part will be continue on next sunday ***

Please vote if you like...

Comments and feedbacks is always appreciated...