Chapter 1: Home

The soft touch of the greenery beneath them was their bed. Outstretched to the Sunrise that touched each creature with the warmth of hands that loved them. Rock structures overcast any design made by humans in the distance. These structures held their heads high in search of the soft tones of the sky. A small human population wanting to head to the bounty of nature.

Liebe looked to their left to hear the high tones of chirping as the mother bird returned with food for her young. They smiled and took deep breaths as they turned to stare at the sky once more. After a few moments they let out a big sigh. This beautiful scene gripped deep in their mind. Liebe closed their eyes.

"And now I am supposed to be what binds us. Can't I just be?" they said to themselves.

They turned to their side and hugged the large silver ball. Their eyes closed as they kept one arm wrapped around the orb and the other outstretched towards an electronic keyboard.

"I must be one with the core of our world. Keep life bound to the bone." they stated.

Their hand glided across the first keys on the right side of the keyboard.

"My body, the sky, endless in direction and touched by the surface" they continued to recite.

Their hands continue down the keyboard in melody. They slowly open their eyes to look towards the sun.

"My hands, the atmosphere, shield of life to crush all that will bring harm to our harmony..." they stated as they squinted their eyes towards the sky.

The keyboard squeals a high pitched sour note. Their hands jolt off the keys and effortlessly rise off the ground clutching the orb. They place their legs crossed together as they land on the ground to face the keyboard. I guess we are both still a bit out of tune, they thought to themselves.

"HEY, LAZY BUTT!" screamed from behind them.

A rush of water was heard from behind Liebe. In an instant they grabbed both the silver orb and the keyboard and crouched.

"haGROOT" they said.

Energy flowed from their entire body and poured into the orb. The orb gave a low hum and their body was pushed forward. A torrent of water poured from behind it. Much of the water splashing onto their back. Liebe put down the orb and got up.

"You really have a knack for getting me wet." they state while brushing off the dirt from their knees.

Lea casually knocks over Liebe with the heel of her foot. Liebe catches themselves and falls on their back. They laughed while Lea groaned and rolled her eyes. She looked down at Liebe and placed her hand on her hip.

"Come on, you know it's funny!" they stated.

"Ugh....it's too early for this. I should have thrown a rock at your head instead. At least I could drag you back." she stated.

"Sounds like you are just dra-" Liebe said.

Lea glared at Liebe. She facepalmed and sighed at Liebe. She gave a soft smile and sat next to them. Then looking outwards to the valley, she started taking a few deep breaths.

"A few more minutes?" Liebe asked.

"A few more minutes." Lea answered.

The pair raced each other to the front gates of the capital city. Once at the gate they each were checked by the Protectors to ensure their status and no contraband was hidden. Afterwards both of them slowed their pace down to a brisk walk once past them.

"At this point I don't get why they still have to check us." said Liebe.

"Foreign races that come to visit us all the time. We don't know if it may be possible for them to mimic our looks. Since some of us choose to leave the capitol without permission the rule is hard enforced." Lea stated.