Life After the Divorce

Squidwatd P.O.V.

Life without spongebob has become dull. I still work at the Krusty Krab but after he started dating Sandy they moved away to Alabama to raise Zerb. They have Patrick working the grill now. It took a while, but he got the hang of it.

After spongebob left with sandy and zerb though, he has become really sad. He doesn't talk much anymore and once in a while I'll see him sitting outside with the two nets he and spongebob used to use to catch jellyfish.

Spongebob left everything here, including Gary, who now lives with me. He doesn't talk much, but I can tell that he feels betrayed. I do too.

I doubt much will change around here. He was a source of happiness for almost everyone.

The only person that changed for the better I'd say is Mrs. Puff. The moment she found out that spongebob had left she jumped for joy. She wound up chasing her dreams and became a foot and hand model in L.A.

All of a sudden I hear the bell ringing signifying that someone has entered the Krusty Krab. I look up to see Larry the Lobster walking closer to me.

"Hello, what can I get for you?"

"Hey Squidward, can I just get a Craby Patty?"

"Sure."

I got to tell Patrick to get that ready when Larry says, "So, how're you holding up?"

I'm a bit startled as I respond, "Fine. It gets hard sometimes but I'm holding up okay."

He nods and responds, "So, do you think you're ready to get back into the dating game anytime soon?"

"I don't know, I mean, after everything that happened I just have such a hard time trusting people. I mean he cheated on me, divorced me, and left to Alabama with some ratty-ass smelly-ass can't-keep-her-legs-closed-ass squirrel."

"I get it, I mean, when Mrs.Puff left me to go to L.A. to pursue her dreams of modeling her gorgeous scrumptious flippers, I had a hard time getting over her. But, I think, I'd be ready if the right person would give me a chance." Larry said as he gazed into my eyes.

Realizing he was talking about me, I responded, "I don't really know, can I just have some time to think about it?"

Larry sighed and pulled a piece of paper from his jean pocket. The jeans so tight from being wrapped around his delicious muscular could-probably-kill-me-if-he-wanted-to thighs. I started to drift my gaze up, noticing his lack of a shirt since he always walked around flaunting his rippling pecs and 12-pack abs.

Stop it squidward.

"Sure, just give me call when you've decided." Larry said as he handed me a piece if paper with his number scribbled on it.

"Will do." I responded.