What's Happening?

Stella walked happily into her volunteering job's building. The place looked colorful and inviting on the outside with the name "Flower Field Daycare" in bubbly letters. As Stella walked down the hall, she realized that it was eerily quiet. In confusion, Stella opened the door to the room she was supposed to be teaching in. The lights were off and not a single soul seemed to be in there.

Stella gave one last look over before shutting the door. 'Maybe the kids are on a field trip and I missed the email.' She guessed, continuing down the hall. She saw nothing of interest as she walked and headed back up the hallway in hopes that she would find someone. As Stella was about to leave, she saw a light from the corner of her eye. The front office light was on. She huffed quietly to herself and headed through the door. At the first desk, she saw who she assumed to be her boss. "Hello, my name is Stella. Do you-" Stella tried to say before she heard a hissing sound. "Wha? Hey, you! What's happening?" She tried asking the creature who sat at the desk. They simply smiled at her. Feeling weak, she half sat, half fell on the floor. As her vision started to darken, the last thing she managed to process was the plated name at the top of the desk. Moss.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N- I know it's short but it's mostly an introduction. It might be able to be called a prologue, but for me, a prologue is something that happens a bit or way before the initial story and is usually from a perspective that isn't seen in the main part of the story.

8-22-22: If you got a notification for this, I noticed some grammatical errors and fixed them.