04. strip tease

WARNING: This chapter contains mature content. Again, I want to have mentioned that I do NOT support or approve excessive (underage) drinking. This is for story purposes only. (This will be the only warning for the entire book.)

______________________

CHAPTER 04: STRIP TEASE

CAMBRIDGE, MASSAUCHETTS

ESTELLE HENDERSON

 Somehow we made up. At least Harry and I talk with each other again. After Jess advised me to talk to him again and explain myself, I did so. He lied on the bed, face hidden in the pillows and didn't even bother turning around to me while I was explaining myself until I said the words "I'm sorry...".

 He pulled himself together and apologized as well. He apologized for calling me a hypocrite because we both know that he is as much of a hypocrite as I am and he apologized for not telling me about Jess coming over every once in a while. It does hurt to know that he has seen his ex more than his actual girlfriend.

 Harry drove us to some fraternity house near the Harvard Univserity. But before we got there, I persuaded him to drive past it so I could take a look at the well-known university my boyfriend studies at. It was huge even though I had only seen a tiny bit of it. It was impressive.

 The fraternity house looks just like any big house. And the party has already started because people are running around outside the house, the front door is wide open for literally anyone to enter and you can hear the music which is booming inside. I feel like I'm thrown back to half a year ago where I was still in a relationship with Sam and parties were our usual thing to do. I loved partying.

 But ever since I went on this road trip this summer with my best friends, this changed. After I cheated on Sam and Harry on Jess, I spent so much time with Harry. I missed parties just to be with him. He made realize that being drunk or high, that parties and the superficial people I meet there, aren't what will keep me happy in the long run. He has shown me that true friends and love do that and that I don't need any sort of drugs to feel the happiness everyone desires to feel.

 Now that I'm with Harry, I changed drastically. I barely attend parties anymore. Sometimes I do with Beth but it doesn't happen as often. Harry just makes me so happy that getting drunk to feel happy for a limited time seems so unnecessary to me now.

 Harry had parked his car a bit further down the street so it isn't in reach for drunk students that could probably damage it. If anyone ever damaged his car, he'd probably kill this person in an instant. He had already been so angry when his car had a dent because of Frank. Recalling this time, I'm glad that it's over and we never have to meet Frank again. I payed him his money—or rather Harry did—and we managed to get him to leave us alone. Even Beth is doing a lot better ever since she was in a rehab center so she certainly won't ever take drugs again.

 We've already been at this party for almost an hour now but I've already lost sight of Harry and Jess in this big house. I spent most of my time in the living room where Harry introduced me to his friend Joshua Long who prefers to be called Josh. He was tipsy when I met him but he seems very nice. At some point Harry left us and Josh kept drinking and by now he has reached a point where calling him tipsy would be an understatement.

  "Ya know, you're a good girl, man. I get why Harry is so whipped." He says and takes a sip from his beer bottle. I raise my right eyebrow, laughing to myself, "And you're hot like Harry said."

  "I feel honored to hear that from you, stranger."

  "Ya know, I told him that here are thousands of easy girls. But he's like nah. And I just thought 'man, this boy is so whipped'." Josh talks but stares off into space until he diverts his eyes back on me, "And he really is whipped. So fuckíng whipped. So whipped, most of the time I make fun of how whipped he is because he is so whipped."