23. Different Directions [Envy]

I was sleeping so heavily that it took Oli shaking me violently to wake me up the following morning. It was dark and I was sweating under the blankets as I felt my body being jolted around and a familiar, annoying voice swearing and saying my name.
"For fucks sakes, do you want to miss the flight?" he questioned. I groaned loudly and threw back the blankets, squinting as the light from the window shone into my eyes and just about blinded me. "Jesus Christ. You look like absolute fucking shit." Oli stated. He was probably right. I didn't remember getting back to the hotel so I was sure I hadn't showered or taken off my makeup from the night before... I felt like shit too. I felt absolutely terrible. "Get the fuck up." he stated. I just groaned loudly again. "Well we're all leaving in half an hour, if you want to get left behind that's absolutely fine with me." he said before wandering off. He sounded pissed off. Fucking asshole. I sat up and my head pounded, but I dragged myself to the shower quickly and changed into a tracksuit once I was done. I haphazardly threw my shit into my suitcase as Oli just stood there glaring at me.
"What the fuck is your problem?" I asked in annoyance. 
"You're my fucking problem, stumbling in here at fucking 1am and waking me up!" he snapped. I just laughed. I couldn't help it. It served him right for that night he locked me out so he could fuck some fangirl. I looked at him and without moving or speaking, I pulled sunglasses onto my face to hide my hangover. "Yeah, I hope you feel as shit as you look." he stated.
"Fuck off Sykes. You'd still fuck me if you had half a chance." I said as I left the room before him. I was so not in the mood to fight with him, but he gave me no option.

I sat curled up in a ball as we took a mini bus to the airport, in foetal position as we waited in the lounge and once we were on the plane, I pulled my hoodie up and went to sleep. I sat against the window with Paige beside me and Matt on the aisle, sleeping through take off and waking up only when the pilot announced we were making our descent into Zurich. I felt better after napping for another couple of hours, plus Paige made me drink water with painkillers before we boarded so I guess that helped too. She really was a lifesaver sometimes, even if at other times she pissed me off beyond words. I was actually excited to be landing in Switzerland because it was a mysterious kind of country to me - full of beautiful landscapes of mountains and lakes, but more than that - you know the saying; 'be like Switzerland'. I wondered if everyone there had a mentality of not taking sides in anything. They also had chocolate, lots of chocolate.

"So what happened last night?" Paige asked me quietly as we descended and the seatbelt sign came on. I wasn't exactly in the mood to talk about anything, but I couldn't exactly escape. God it had been the most disappointing night ever, but at least technically I suppose I could say that I did have sex with Matt. Barely, but still.
"Alcohol, cocaine, sex in a catering tent..." I chuckled.
"Cocaine? Jesus Summer..." she said with an eye roll. "And you had sex in a catering tent? Eww." she asked as she scrunched up her face. I just laughed.
"Well, I use the term sex loosely. I mean technically we did, but he was too wasted. Barely even fucking penetrated me." I stated without any reservations.
"SUMMER!" Paige squealed loudly in disgust. I heard Matt laugh under his breath, clearly overhearing our conversation. I was actually annoyed and frustrated that I still hadn't gotten any action on this trip now that I thought about it.
"Is that even a thing?" I questioned Matt, leaning forward and past Paige beside me who looked completely mortified. "Like sorry for asking, but can guys not perform when they're high? I've been with guys smoking weed who have no issues." I questioned.
"It's just you, Sunshine. You're just not that hot." Oli suddenly said from behind me. What a fucking asshole. 
"Yeah well you're no prize pig either, dickhead." I replied. "Bet you've never made a girl orgasm in your entire, pathetic life." I stated with anger.
"Can you two just stop trying to kill each other for one minute?" Matt questioned. I sat back in my seat and crossed my arms with a frown like a child that had just been told off.
"Thank you." Matt said in relief. "And to answer your question, yes, drugs and alcohol - especially in combination - can make shit not work. It wasn't you." he said toward me, before looking back at Oli and shooting him daggers.

When we got to the hotel I was relieved. I hated being stuck with everyone in such close proximity with no way to escape other than smashing a window and jumping to my death. Too many people had already seen me looking like absolute shit too and honestly, I didn't feel a whole lot better. Paige messaged me to see if I wanted to join her and Matt for a walk around town since the band had a few hours before needing to head to the venue, so even though I felt like death, I decided to join her. Fresh air would probably help and Zurich looked so pretty... I didn't want to miss out just because I was hungover. The bed in the room did look extremely inviting, but I dumped my suitcase and exited before Oli could say another fucking word to me and I headed to the lobby where the rest of the band were waiting. "Where's Oli?" their manager asked me. I just rolled my eyes realising he must have been coming too. Ugh.
"Probably looking in a mirror and stroking his ego." I responded. How the fuck would I know?

The fresh air helped my hangover a lot and I felt better after walking around for a few hours. I made everyone stop at a donut place so I could get my hands on something delicious too and I'm sure the sugary treats also helped me feel better. I avoided Oli like the plague and I was happy when the guys left Paige and I in town when they needed to head back to go to soundcheck. Paige held my hand as we wandered the streets and I told her more details about my absolute let down of a night. She just seemed amused, maybe a little sympathetic too.
"Oli seems in a worse mood than normal today, don't you think?" she asked after a long silence.
"Oh he's just being a cry baby because I apparently woke him up when I got back last night." I explained. "I mean, he fucking locked me out of the room to fuck a fangirl one time, that was way worse!" I stated.
"You guys are hilarious, like feuding siblings or something." she chuckled.
"I'd rather die than be related to him." I said with a dramatic eye roll. "And also, that's disgusting seeing as he constantly makes jokes about sleeping with me." I added. She just laughed and I did too. I loved hanging out with her and talking about shit so openly like that. We wandered aimlessly just admiring everything because Zurich was such a pretty place and I was glad I had recovered enough by mid afternoon to actually enjoy it with her.

We went back to the hotel and changed, then headed to watch the show like we usually did. We were going out to a bar afterwards, but I decided not to drink again... at least not a lot. I also decided to dress much more casually in ripped jeans and a t-shirt, though I tied it up to make it a little bit sexy. I may not have felt like dressing up, but I wasn't about to completely drop the ball. Oli gave me shit about how underdressed I was and I told him to fuck off as always, but guys still hit on me at the bar anyway, clearly I didn't need to be in full 'nightclub' mode. I flirted with one guy who was hot, but despite being sexually frustrated, I didn't go home with him. To be honest, I was exhausted and I really wasn't in the mood after the disappointing night I'd had previously. I just wanted to get a good night's sleep. Oli was swarmed with women all night like always and seemed to be enjoying it more than usual which made me queasy. The thought of those girls being exactly the same way I had been with Matt the night before with Oli just made me feel ill. I would never understand their fascination. He disappeared to the bathrooms with a couple of them to do God only knows what, but as long as he didn't bring them back to the room that I desperately wanted to go back to for sleeping, I couldn't have cared less.