Chapter 3: Draven

A couple days passed. Noah was still gone and I had gotten used to having Olivia at school. Anna wasn't talking to me and I didn't really talk to Kaitlyn either. Jack and I tried to just live normally.

Friday night I was sitting in my room playing league of legends when Olivia walked in. "Are you sure you know how to knock?" I asked her. She ignored my question and sat on my bed. "Who's Anna molen?" She asked. "What?" "Who is Anna molen?" She repeated. "You know who that is. There's no way you don't." I told her. She sighed and rolled her eyes. "Who is Anna molen to you?" She said.

"You could have just said that the first time." I mumbled. She looked at me and I sighed. "She's someone I used to be friends with." I told her. "Luke, think. Who is Anna molen?" Olivia said.

I sighed and thought about it. "Anna is...amazing. She is athletic, beautiful, artistic like me, and she listens." I looked at Olivia and she was looking at me sadly. "So you like her" I felt my face grow hot. "Yes" I said quietly. "Luke that can never happen. You know that right?" I looked up at her. "Why?" I asked. "Our world is too dangerous for her. She wouldn't be able to survive. The people in our world are trained from birth. Including you." Olivia said.

"Whatever" I said and went back to the game I had paused. She sighed and left the room. I didn't see her pause in the doorway and look back at me.

The next day I got home from school and walked into the kitchen to see what Madi was making for dinner but she wasn't there.

The kitchen was completely clean like it always is when she's done cooking but there was no food, no good smell, and no Madi. "Olivia!! Where's Madi!" I yelled as I heard her open the door.

Olivia walked into the kitchen and froze when she saw the room. I watched her as her eyes scanned the room, Searching for something I didn't see. Her whole body was tense and her hand was resting on her hip where I knew she had a dagger. How did I know that?

"Luke, go to the basement." Olivia said. "What?" I asked. "Grab your phone and go down to the basement. Now" Olivia told me. I knew there was no arguing with her so I did what she said.

I walked down the lit up stairway and the talking door closed behind me. I got down the stairs and looked around. There were five white doors. One of them was the one Jack and I opened when all this started.

There were two on the left and two on the right. I scanned the room and saw a camera in each corner. I tried the door to the left of the one we used and it was locked. So we're all the other doors.

Just as I was about to go into the original door Olivia walked down the stairs. "What's going on?" I asked. She kept walking and walked over to one of the locked doors. She placed her hand in the middle of the door and there was a click then the door opened. I looked inside and saw a bedroom. It was dark but I could see clothes on the floor and things on some shelves. There was a bed in the middle of the room. The only thing lighting up the room were tv screens. Olivia closed the door before I could see the screens.

She turned and opened a different door. Inside were more screens. The room was very white. There were screens lining two walls. The wall on my left was covered with a corkboard. It had pictures on it but again, before I could really see it, Olivia covered it with a curtain. Then she walked over to the last wall.

It had two computer screens on top of a desk. Next to the screens there were pictures. The first one was Olivia and Noah. The second was her and me. It looked like we were in some kind of warehouse but we were both smiling and laughing. "Were we friends?" I asked. She paused with her back to me. When she didn't answer I opened my mouth to say something but stopped.