Chapter 3

As the days went by the brothers were making some real progress in making their MK II's. Tony managed to finish his flight stabilizers, and William managed to finish calibrating his with the help of DOT. Katie was on the camera observing the brothers as they did their test flights. Tony went first, because he was so impatient.

Tony:
Day 11, test 37, configuration 2.0. For lack of a better option dummy is still on fire safety. If you douse me again, and I'm not on fire, I'm donating you to a city college.

Dummy just looked down in sadness.

William:
Hey, be nice to Dummy.

Tony just brushed it off, and continued.

Tony:
All right, nice and easy. Seriously, just gonna start off with 1% thrust capacity. And three, two, one.

Lifts off the ground and hovers for a bit before landing.

Tony:
Okay. Please don't follow me around with it, either, 'cause I feel like I'm gonna catch on fire spontaneously. Just stand down! If something happens, then come in. And again, let's bring it up to 2.5. Three, two, one. [Lifts off the ground with less control and starts hovering all over the workshop.] Okay, this is where I don't want to be! Not the car, not the car! Table! Could be worse! Could be worse! We're fine! Okay. [Lands where he started. Dummy goes to use the fire extinguisher.] No! Uh-uh! Uh-uh! Yeah, I can fly.

Tony fully suiting up in the Mark II.

And William in his.

Tony: JARVIS, are you there?

Tony:
JARVIS, are you there?

JARVIS:
At your service, sir.

Tony:
Engage heads-up display.

JARVIS:
Check.

Tony:
Import all preferences from home interface.

JARVIS:
Will do, sir.

Tony:
All right, what do you say?

JARVIS:
I have indeed been uploaded, sir. We're online and ready.