Chapter 1

Bold is "Ancient Egyptian"

Tia was the younger sister of princess Nefertiri by a couple of months, and the youngest daughter of Pharaoh Seti the first. Tia and Nefertiri were very close, they would even sometimes train with weapons off and on for fun. One of the medjai told Tia that her father wanted to talk to her and to meet in the courtyard. Tia nods softly and walked to the courtyard, when she got there she froze. She saw her father talking to a man she has never seen before today, however, something caught her curiosity about the man. She soon walked to her father who gave her a warm smile and grabbed her hand gently, "Tia, my little water lily, I want you to meet my high priest, Imhotep." Tia softly smiles then gained a light blush when the high priest gently kissed the top of her hand," It's a pleasure to finally meet you, princess." he said to her. She softly smiles before saying," It's a pleasure to meet you too, Imhotep" in her soft-spoken voice. "Tia, I wanted to talk to you about something. I believe that you're old enough to be married, and I believe you and Imhotep would be perfect for each other." her father said catching her attention. It was obvious to Tia and Imhotep that they were in love with each other, enough to risk life itself. She was rather surprised by what he said but didn't really show it, "Yes father." she answered. While Tia and the Pharaoh talked, Imhotep was silently watching Tia admiring his future wife. "I will introduce my new mistress Anak Su Namun, later tonight to you and your sister." the Pharaoh stated to his youngest daughter before hugging her and giving her a gentle kiss on the head before leaving with Imhotep. Tia went to her sister Nefertiri to tell her the good news, of her being now engaged.

Later that day, Tia and Nefertiri met their new mother Anak Su Namun. But they also had a combat competition first between Tia and Nefertiri then Nefertiri against Anak Su Namun. Tia and Nefertiri were both very good at combat, while they fought Imhotep watched Tia and would occasionally smirk at the few times she got close to winning. In the end, Nefertiri won and helped her sister up, their fight was more of entertainment and training. Nefertiri and Anak Su Namun's combat was to see who was to protect the Pharaoh and who would be the protector of the bracelet of Anubis. Tia went to her father and Imhotep as she watched her sister and her new mother battle. Imhotep held Tia close as she looked up at him with a soft and gentle smile holding his hand. The competition soon ended and the Pharaoh said while walking to them, "Bravo! Bravo! Who better to protect the Bracelet of Anubis...than my lovely daughter, Nefertiri. And who better to protect me, than my wife, Anak Su Namun." He then hugged Nefertiri as everyone clapped for Her and their mother. Imhotep then took Tia's hand as he began to walk out of the room, as people left.

After a while, Imhotep was in his study while Tia was out in the garden tending to some of her flowers as her bare feet hit the sand. Tia thought to herself and wanted to surprise her future husband so she got up and sneaked to his study before quietly going to him before hugging him from behind. Imhotep chuckled at her attempt to startle him and he gently grabbed her arm bringing her beside him before giving her a gentle kiss on the lips. Tia gently kissed him back before smiling and hugging him again as he hugged her back. They both went out to the garden to talk before a medjai told Tia that her father wanted to see her. Tia nods as Imhotep got up as well and Tia walked to where the medjai told her to go. Imhotep was talking with a few of his priests as she walked into the room to talk with her father. She then went to her father and talked for a little bit. She got up to go to her room, before she left she went to tell her father goodnight before seeing Anak Su Namun stab him in the back causing Tia to scream," Father! " She then heard her sister, Nefertiri yell for the guards. After the second time Anak Su Namun stabbed the Pharaoh, he fell to the ground dead. Anak Su Namun went to Tia and stabbed her," You don't deserve the life that was planned for you, I want to be with Imhotep, or I will make him suffer just as much as you." she told her. Nefertiri fell from the balcony trying to get to her little sister. Imhotep burst into the room and he quickly grabbed Tia before she fell to the ground as she held onto her wound in pain, coughing up blood. "Imhotep, I'm sorry. I didn't know she would do this... She killed father... Leave while you still can." Tia softly said as Imhotep her tightly to his chest as tears fell from his face. "Tia, Just stay with me. I'm here." He told her before she took her last breath. The medjai soon came in and saw Imhotep covered in Tia's blood holding onto her, and the pharaoh's body. Anak su Namun then said, "My body is no longer his temple!" before slamming the knife into herself killing herself. The Medjai assumed Imhotep helped Anak Su Namun kill the Pharaoh and then they killed Tia. They then grabbed Imhotep as he tried to get them away as he screamed out Tia's name.

Imhotep was condemned to endure the Hom Dai, the worst of all ancient curses. One so horrible it had never been bestowed. Imhotep was forced onto his knees while two embalmers held onto his arms while another held his mouth open. Another embalmer comes over with tongs to pull his tongue out of his mouth, once his tongue was out another embalmer grabbed a sharp knife and cuts his tongue off.  They then wrapped Imhotep's body as his eyes were full of heartbreak, hatred, vengeance, and pain. They carried him to his sarcophagus as he tries to squirm free they laid him within one of the sarcophagus. He tried to scream out Tia's name again, and she never left his mind once. One of the embalmers came towards the sarcophagus with an ern of poured the contents inside on his body. A bunch of flesh-eating scarabs scurried all over Imhotep's body and he began to be devoured by the scarab beetles. They then closed the lid of the first sarcophagus and locked it with a key, before putting the lid of the second sarcophagus locking it as well.

He was to remain sealed inside his sarcophagus, the undead for all eternity. The Medjai would never allow him to be released. For he would arise a walking disease, a plague upon mankind, an unholy flesh-eater with the strength of the ages, power over the sands, and the glory of invincibility. For 3000 years men and armies fought over this city not knowing what evil lay beneath it; and for 3,000 years we, the Medjai, the descendants of  Pharaoh's sacred bodyguards, kept watch.