Accidents Happen

"Kate! Get down here right now!"

"No mom, I can't. I need to get over a thousand followers on my new instagram account. I do not have time to do the dishes."

If only that was how it worked. My bed suddenly seems much more comfortable now. Why not lay my head back and fall asleep?

"Kate, I swear if you don't get down here right now..."

Oh yeah. Letting the threat hang, the sign that my mom is really annoyed. Almost to the point that she will actually come up the stairs and to my room to talk to me.

*sigh*

"Coming!"

Bed, I will miss you. You too, Ipad. You two have always been there for me, even in the darkest of times. But not now. I must go out, and face fate on my own. By washing the dishes.

I'm going down the stairs. Be careful while taking each step. That's what I always tell myself. Be careful doing this, that, practically everything. Leaving people behind is what scares me most.

Made it to the kitchen, thank god. I walk in. There's my mom, scowling at me.

"Kate, when I call your name you answer immediately. Now get started, soldier."

She hands me a pan and I get to work, smiling.

"Yes ma'am."

We're talking as we wash the dishes together. She's actually drying them (probably the easier job) but, whatever. I'm glad that she didn't just stand there while I washed the dishes, cackling like a witch. That would have seriously creeped me out.

We're finally done, and I'm getting ready to go back to my room.

"Oh, Kate..."

"Yeah?"

She probably wants me to do the laundry or make supper. To be perfectly honest, I would'nt mind. As long as I have time to be alone in my room once I'm done.

"Can you get your sister to come down here? I need her to help me make supper."

I'm glad that my sister is making dinner, though I don't see how much use she will be. The only things she's good at are whining and making my life suck. Oh well.

"Sure thing."

Going up the stairs, smiling at the fact that I won't be blamed for the food tasting terrible. Life is good for me!

I've finally reached the pest's room. If only I could kick down doors. Instead I knock really loudly and push it open with maybe a little too much force.

"Boo!"

"AAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHH!"

I have never gotten that reaction from her before. She looks like she's hiding something behind her back. Wait...

"Oh my god Ella! Give me my Ipad!"

"Nope."

"I swear Ella, if you don't give that back right now, I am going to kill you!"

Ella runs past me with superspeed only found in comic books. Where is she going?

She just threw the tablet into my room. I hope it landed on my bed. I have a feeling it did'nt.

"Gah!"

I run up and tackle her. We both go flying and her head hits the door frame. The corner, specifically.

Oh no.

"Mooooooom! Kate hurt me!"

She had tears in her eyes. Wow, just wow. Of all the people who had to be my sister, it was her.

"Kate! As of this moment you are making supper."

Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo! That little, scheming pest.

I grab her shoulders and make her face me.

"You are very much dead once I'm done."

Time to go downstairs.

" So, what are we having tonight?"

"Spagetti and no meatballs. Lucky for you, I have the noodles all ready. And the sauce. You just need to cut up the noodles and mix everything together. Go get a knife."

Okay then, I am now going to get a knife. I hear an 'oops' in the background. What happened now?

I jog over to my mom to see what happened.

"Oh, Kate look out!"

I slip on the spaghetti that my mom accidentally dumped on the floor. Greaat. My mom walks over to me in shock,

"Oh my god. Ella, call an ambulance!"

I accidentally stabbed myself in the stomach. I know I'm not going to make it. I just wish I wasn't the first to die in this family. Could have sworn the dads always went first. Oh well.

Things have started blurring together in my vision.

"Mom, I love you. And maybe Ella too. Sorry."

And with that, I die.