"Good morning, Atsushi-kun", Dazai entered the room and strechted his arms yawning. "Oh, good morning", Atsushi looked up and mustered his collegue, who was coming near him. Or better said- near his seat right next to the newling. "You are late. Again", murred Kunikida and closed his notebook before standing up. He went to Dazai and let a bunch of letters falling down right before him. "We have a new case, both of us", he opened and Dazai took the letters before reading them carefully. "We should go already", Kunikida broke his action and the former mafia member looked up, nodded a little. Before the two left the agency Dazai put the documents into his jacket.

"You sure you need me?", Dazai asked on the way to the train station and saw to his partner through the corner of his eyes. "Why not? It is said the villain has a powerful ability which turns every battle into a ranged combat. You know what I am trying to say. If you erase his ability we can take him down", Kunikida mentioned and Dazai agreed with a sigh. "Right, if this is all we gotta do", he said and stopped at the end of the way, right before the tracks. "Don't act like this is nothing you walking mummy", Kunikida grumped and stopped walking too, letting a greater distance to the tracks. "Stop insulting me, this actually hurts", Dazai pouted and turned around, the wind of the arriving train blew against his coat.

"You even have feelings? From what you show the most time it's hard to believe", Kunikida offendered. "Seriously? Naturally I have feelings you idealist. But I learned long ago how to cover them with a mask", Dazai answered and looked deep into his partners eyes, so deep like he wants to meet his soul. "Every human has feelings right? But the difference is how much we show them and give them the liberty to take on us", he mentioned and sighed a bit. "After all we have a job to do, right? We should hurry up and take the villain down", he switched and took his eyes away. "If we are to slow, more victims will appear."

❏ ═───────◇───────═ ❐

"You know who the villain is?", Kunikida asked after a while. Both were sitting in the train, which had a high level of speed during passing the lonly landscape around. "Not sure but it could be the one from the guild. You know the one who attacked Atsushi-kun and Yosano-san in the train?", the answer came right after he finished his question. Kunikida nodded and Dazai went on explaining his theorie. "If he really is the villain, we indeed need him in close combat range without skill. But it could be really difficult to get him there", he opened and saw out the window. "He is a monster, just like mostly all of the guild's members", Dazai added and Kunikida nodded a bit.

But before they could go on talking, a dark man appeared right behind Kunikidas seat like only Dazai could see his face. If it wasn't covered of course. "But not only the guild has many monsters", he began and his dark body moved to Kunikida, holding a knife right on his throat.

"Am I wrong, my dear Dazai-san?"